Published on 8 October, 2008
Xtralis, a leading provider of intelligent fire detection and security solutions, recently announced the introduction of the industry's first fully integrated, IT-centric access control and video security solutions portfolio. The solution is successfully deployed across a number of high profile European enterprises including DHL's Leipzig transportation hub, Deutsche Post, KPMG Netherlands and Renault facilities in France.
| The Xtralis V3100 is the newest video recording solution from Xtralis which delivers optimised image |
quality and effective bandwidth use
The new Xtralis security portfolio is comprised of solutions that simplify deployment and management by information technology (IT) professionals, such as Power over Ethernet access control devices, energy-efficient Cold Disk video storage and IT standards-based video management servers built on commercial off-the-shelf Intel processors.
The Xtralis IT-centric security portfolio includes:
- The Xtralis S3000 Access Control System - scalable, all-IP access control for single or multi-site enterprises
- The Xtralis M3000 Command and Control Solution - powerful management software for real-time situational awareness and operational insight across a variety of security sub-systems
- The Xtralis V3100 Video and Audio Recorder - flexible H.264 live and recorded video and audio, with integrated motion and sabotage detection
- The Xtralis V3500 IP Video Storage Management Server - virtually unlimited, encrypted network video storage using a patented process which dramatically reduces power consumption
"Security, access control and video have converged onto IP-networks and our next generation solutions portfolio fully embraces this market shift," said Samir Samhouri, President and CEO of Xtralis. "Xtralis is the first company to introduce a portfolio of access control and security solutions designed specifically to meet the demands of IT and security professionals. Our solutions integrate easily with existing IP-network infrastructure and feature technologies that reduce the burden on already resource-constrained staff, networks and power requirements."
| The Xtralis M3000 is a powerful management software for real-time situational awareness and operational insight|
The Xtralis IT-centric security portfolio is based on several compelling new technologies including:
- Total Access Control over IP - The Xtralis S3000 access control solution extends Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology to the door, facilitating power supply and network traffic over a single cable. PoE door locks, card readers and biometric sensors leverage existing IP-network infrastructure for simplified "plug and use" deployment and low total cost of ownership.
- Xtralis Exclusive, Patent-Pending Cold Disk™ Storage - The Xtralis V3500 is a video storage management server designed for deployment in an enterprise data center. The V3500 is built on powerful Intel Quad Core Xeon processors and features Xtralis exclusive patent-pending Cold Disk Storage Technology (CDT). Unlike other storage servers that use constantly running disk drives to record video streams and security data, the V3500 CDT server dynamically routes data to multiple on-board storage modules. This distributed approach to data storage allows modules to be powered down when not in use, resulting in a reduction in energy consumption and heat dissipation of more than 50% versus traditional storage options. The V3500 storage modules are hot swappable, allowing for easy data archiving and infinite scalability.
- Advanced Video Search and Compression - The Xtralis V3100 is the fastest post-event analytics search and retrieval Digital Video Recorder (DVR) on the market today. The V3100's revolutionary post analytics engine generates optimised metadata that allows for ultra fast search through stored video, minimising network bandwidth and storage resources while preserving image resolution and quality. The network-friendly architecture of the V3100 makes it ideally suited for both single and multi-site deployments.
|Xtralis is the first company to introduce a portfolio of access control and security solutions|
The Xtralis portfolio integrates with a host of IP cameras, motion sensors and data acquisition technologies and is designed to work in concert with existing IT systems and networks. All the solutions in the Xtralis portfolio are built on common IT industry standards, making them easy to integrate with a variety of enterprise computing platforms.