Published on 4 December, 2008
|Several industry leaders have joined SIA's board of directors|
The Security Industry Association (SIA)
is pleased to announce that several industry leaders have joined its Board of Directors. Seven new directors were elected to two-year terms on the now-16-member Board in a vote by SIA members at the association's annual meeting on October 30 in New York City.
"As SIA's membership evolves to reflect the marketplace, so has our Board, and I'm very excited about our new directors and the knowledge, skills and experience they will bring to our organization," association CEO Richard Chace said. "All of our new directors represent the vanguard of the security industry, and their strategic counsel will guide us for the next few years."
Also at the annual meeting, Board members elected two new members of its Executive Committee - the panel's secretary and treasurer - to two-year terms.
The new SIA Board members are:
- Denis Hebert, president and CEO, HID Global, and executive vice president, ASSA ABLOY
- Mark Barry, president, GE Security (Americas)
- Jim Gingo, president, TransTech Systems, Inc.
- Steve Van Till, president and CEO, Brivo Systems
- Christopher Gerace, president, Bosch Security Systems, Inc.
- Kenneth LaMarca, vice president, Sony Electronics
- Scott Schaffer, senior vice president, Pelco
The new SIA Executive Committee members are:
For a complete list of SIA's Board of Directors, visit this website.