Published on 1 February, 2013
|Axis' net sales increased by 12 percent during the fourth quarter
Axis: Year-end report 2012
The fourth quarter
- Net sales increased by 12 percent during the fourth quarter to SEK 1,180 M (1,051). Net sales increased by 15 percent in local currencies.
- Operating profit increased to SEK 207 M (192), which corresponds to an operating margin of 17.5 percent (18.3).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 163 M (134).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.35 (1.93).
- The board proposes a dividend of SEK 5.00, of which SEK 2.75 is an extra dividend (SEK 5.50 of which SEK 3.25 was an extra dividend.
January - December
- Net sales increased by 17 percent during the period to SEK 4,184 M (3,578). Net sales increased by 14 percent in local currencies.
- Operating profit decreased to SEK 575 M (633), which corresponds to an operating margin of 13.8 percent (17.7).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 427 M (456).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 6.15 (6.56).
Performance in line with expectations
“The fourth quarter largely developed in line previous quarter. Sales growth in the fourth quarter was 12 percent after slightly weaker demand in December. The global macroeconomic uncertainty has affected customers in all Axis’ customer segments and regions. We maintain a positive view on the development of network cameras with an expected long-term growth rate of 20-25 percent per year. It is difficult to predict market trends for 2013, but with dedicated employees, leading products and a clear ambition, Axis continues to be well-positioned to meet the increasing demand for network video and continue its global expansion.” Ray Mauritsson, President