Published on 4 February, 2010
President Ray Mauritsson comments:
| Axis reports 17 percent growth of net sales in surveillance products in 2009|
The year ended with high activity on the market for installation of network video products, which resulted in a strong close to the year for Axis. Axis reported net sales of SEK 2,301 M (1,975) for 2009, which delivered growth of 17 percent for the year.
All regions showed positive growth of over 30 percent in the fourth quarter. The strong close to the year is due to a generally good inflow of orders as well as conclusion of deals relating to previously deferred projects.
The feared component shortage, which was communicated previously, had no significant impact on Axis' delivery capacity during the end of 2009. The beginning of 2010 is difficult to assess on account of possible supply disruptions due to component shortages and the generally uncertain market trend.
- Net sales during the year amounted to SEK 2,301 M (1,975), and sales amounted to SEK 659 M (501) for the fourth quarter.
- Operating profit for the year totalled SEK 308 M (341), and operating profit totalled SEK 121 M (49) during the fourth quarter.
- Profit before tax for the year amounted to SEK 307 M (340), and profit before tax amounted to SEK 120 M (49) for the fourth quarter.
- Profit after tax during the year totalled SEK 218 M (252), and profit after tax totalled SEK 85 M (45) during the fourth quarter.
- Earnings per share for the year amounted to SEK 3.14 (3.64).
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 4.00 (1.25), of which SEK 2.75 is an extraordinary dividend.