Published on 10 July, 2014
|Net sales increased by 19 percent during the first half-year
The second quarter
- Net sales increased by 22 percent during the second quarter to SEK 1,355 M (1,114). Net sales increased by 20 percent in local currencies.
- Operating profit increased to SEK 188 M (127), which corresponds to an operating margin of 13.8 percent (11.4).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 139 M (96).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.00 (1.38).
The first half-year
- Net sales increased by 19 percent during the period to SEK 2,484 M (2,096). Net sales increased by 18 percent in local currencies.
- Operating profit increased to SEK 260 M (216), which corresponds to an operating margin of 10.5 percent (10.3).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 191 M (162).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.75 (2.33).
“Sales in the second quarter amounted to SEK 1,355 M. During the period, inventory levels increased at a number of distributors, particularly in the US. The EMEA region displayed a good performance with large variations between countries and continued turbulence in parts of Eastern Europe. Southern Asia recovered somewhat after a weak first quarter while Northern Asia showed stable growth.
The two independent market research institutions IHS and TSR continued to rank Axis as the global market leader in network video in their yearly reports on the video surveillance market.
During the second quarter,
we welcomed 76 new employees
to the company and Axis now
has 1,784 employees
We have continued to maintain a high rate of product releases and new recruitment. During the second quarter, we welcomed 76 new employees to the company and Axis now has 1,784 employees”. Ray Mauritsson, President
The full report and slide presentation is available on: http://www.axis.com/corporate/investor/financial_reports.htm
Invitation to telephone conference
Time: Wednesday, July 9 at 10 a.m.
Phone number: + 46 8-519 990 30
Participants from Axis AB will be: Ray Mauritsson, President, and Fredrik Sjöstrand, CFO.
The presentation will be webcasted live at: http://financialhearings.nu/140709/axis/