Published on 28 January, 2008
Axis Communications, the global leader in network video, that staged its annual UK and Ireland partner conference over two days, on 15-16 January 2008 at Sopwell House, St Albans, Hertfordshire, attracted record numbers of partners this year. A total of 50 installers, integrators and application developer (ADP) partners joined and all Axis UK distributors also attended on the second day.
Partners were treated to a number of presentations including the Axis 2008 Product Innovations presentation and unveiling of the findings of a US study which proves lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of a 40-camera greenfield network video installation compared with its analogue CCTV equivalent. Axis UK and Ireland sales and marketing plans were also revealed.
The event saw presentations and demonstrations from Axis partners such as wireless specialist vendor Proxim, integrator and software development house IPNRG, and ADP Genetec. Genetec, which recently expanded into the UK, develops software solutions to address access control, video surveillance, and automatic number plate recognition (ANPR). Milestone, which is the market leader in network video management systems also presented and demonstrated its solution.
Axis also announced a total of five awards during the day:
- Best Growth Award went to Network Webcams for achieving 90 per cent year on year growth of Axis product sales in 2007. Network Webcams offers an online store for buying network cameras, together with IP security equipment installations into construction sites and a web attraction-based offering packaged for tourism, leisure & hospitality sectors called Streamdays.
- Best New Partner went to MTS Security. MTS Security is a CCTV system integrator who has transitioned to IP-Surveillance.
- Best Project Partner went to MCW Group for its installation of over 300 Axis network cameras and Milestone video management systems at Knowsley Community College which is spread across two large campuses near Liverpool.
- Best Channel Partner in Ireland went to Encom for its successful delivery of several major IP-Surveillance systems in Ireland in 2007.
- Best Channel Partner UK went to Honeywell Business Solutions for high profile deployments of Axis products into major sites.
Frank Crouwel, managing director, Network Webcams, commented on the award: "Axis cameras have generated 90 per cent sales growth last year as compared with 2006, whilst other network camera brands achieved growth rates nearer 20 per cent. Axis now benefits from such a wide range of network cameras that they meet most customers' needs."
Crouwel commented on the Axis UK and Ireland partner event: "It was a very informative day in which we all benefited from a unique view into 2008 with Axis UK. Axis has a great team in the UK and we have benefited a great deal from working alongside them over the years. It is good to see that the explosion in demand for network video is now generating such fantastic growth for Network Webcams, Axis and the industry as a whole in the UK."
Steve Gorski, managing director, Axis Communications (UK), added: "We have had some great feedback on the event from our partners and it is clear that we are all looking forward to a great year in network video in the UK and Ireland. Well done all award winners and best of luck to all Axis partners through 2008."