Published on 26 August, 2014
|ACTi's Mobile Vehicle solution provides active monitoring and displays a live feed in-vehicle to deter criminal activity
Today, Mobile Security has become much more significant for many reasons. Passengers, drivers, fleet operators and managers are each looking for a means to increase personnel and passenger safety on the road, protection against false accusations or insurance scams, and cargo security.
ACTi’s Mobile Vehicle Solution is designed for use in environments such as:
Passengers are very concerned about their safety when taking public transportation due to incidents such as pick pocketing and theft, sexual harassment or public disputes which are often seen. Drivers need evidence that can explain and clarify incidents or collisions, in addition to the safety of their passengers and vehicle.
ACTi Mobile Vehicle solution can provide:
- Active monitoring and displaying live feed in-vehicle to deter criminal activity
- Personal attack alarm to alert control centre upon the incidents
- Two-way communication with control centre
- High resolution of recorded video evidence within vehicle and surroundings for incident report
With safer environment for both passengers and drivers, bus and coach fleets can drastically reduce insurance costs and increase in number of passengers.
It is estimated that combined losses
suffered by the trucking industry,
insurance companies, and the
railroads, surpasses $10 BILLION
in the United States annually
Taxi and private hire vehicles:
To protect passengers, ensure driver's accountability for their driving and behaviour and also protect drivers against false claims and car collisions, installation of mobile vehicle security system can deliver:
- Remote monitoring driver's driving behaviour while on the road.
- Tracking the vehicle real-time location to ensure that passengers are on the right route and to enhance accuracy and efficiency of dispatch.
- Recorded video evidence in case of vandalism, assault or other claims
Cargo and delivery trucks:
Over the past decade the cost of cargo theft related crimes has risen dramatically. It is estimated that combined losses suffered by the trucking industry, insurance companies, and the railroads, surpasses $10 BILLION in the United States annually. To improve road safety, increase security for valuable goods and enhance efficiency of goods delivery, ACTi solution ensures that:
- Driver is protected and tracked with cameras
- Valuable goods are monitored throughout the delivery, any attempt to open the door or package will be detected and alerted to control centre
- Goods are delivered to the right customer on schedule with GPS location tracking through Google Map
When a police car is on patrol, they can easily detect and identify a suspicious vehicle within short time. The surveillance system, with ALPR (Automatic License Plate Recognition), is able to read the license plate, and if the license plate of a car with outstanding warrant is detected, the system will automatically send and alert to help the officers chase and find the car.
In another case, police officers also face some accusations against their behaviours during the process of enforcing the law. Recorded video and audio from the incidents help to identify the individuals involved and clarify what actually took place.