ASIS International appoints Eduard J. Emde, CPP, as new President
Published on 11 October, 2011
|Emde will be the first non-US security practioner to serve as President|
Eduard J. Emde, CPP, will serve as President in 2012 of ASIS International (ASIS), the premier organisation for security management professionals worldwide. Emde, will be the 57th President of ASIS and is the first non-U.S. security practitioner to serve in this position. He succeeds Raymond T. O'Hara, CPP, who will become ASIS Chairman of the Board.
In their leadership positions, both Emde and O'Hara will also serve on the Board Management Committee of the Board of Directors. The Board Management Committee directs the activities of ASIS between meetings of the full Board. These volunteer leaders maintain the strategic continuity of the programs, products and services ASIS provides. The full 2012 ASIS Board Management Committee is comprised of five people:
- Eduard J. Emde, CPP, President; Consultant, BMKISS Europe, Wassenaar, Netherlands
- Geoffrey T. Craighead, CPP, President-Elect; Vice President, Universal Protection Service, Santa Ana, Calif.
- Richard E. Widup, Jr., CPP, Treasurer; Senior Director, Corporate Security, Purdue Pharma L.P., Stamford, Conn.
- Dave N. Tyson, CPP, Secretary; Vice President, Apollo Information Systems, Los Gatos, Calif.
- Raymond T. O'Hara, CPP, Chairman of the Board; Executive Vice President, Consulting and Investigations, Andrews International, Palm Desert, Calif.
The office of the Secretary was filled through an election by the 2012 Board of Directors on Sept. 19 at the ASIS International 57th Annual Seminar and Exhibits, held in Orlando, Florida, Sept. 19-22.
Three new members were elected in August to serve on the Board of Directors for the 2012-2014 term. They are:
- Deborah L. Allen, CPP, Director, Product Stewardship and Security, Potash Corporation, Northbrook, Ill.
- Darryl R. Branham, CPP, Senior Director, Security Systems, Travelers Insurance Company, St. Paul, Minn.
- John E. Turey, CPP, Director of Security, ITT, White Plains, N.Y.
The following members continue to serve on the ASIS Board of Directors:
- Brian J. Allen, CPP, Chief of Security, Time Warner Cable, New York, N.Y.
- Marene Allison, World Wide Vice President of Information Security, Johnson & Johnson, Raritan, N.J.
- Chad Callaghan, CPP, Vice President, Global Safety & Security, Marriott International Inc., Washington, D.C.
- David C. Davis, CPP, Senior Manager, Northrop Grumman, San Bernardino, Calif.
- Edward G. Hallen, CPP, Manager, Safety and Security Services, Occidental Petroleum Corp., Los Angeles, Calif.
- Joseph H. McDonald, CPP, PSP, Chief Security Officer, Switch Communications Group, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Stephen Scharf, Senior Vice President and Global Chief Information Security Officer, Experian, Costa Mesa, Calif.
ASIS Board members serve a three-year term. The newly elected Board and officers will assume their positions on Jan.1, 2012.