Published on 22 January, 2014
Tamron Co., Ltd., comprehensive optics manufacturer and a leader in the security industry, announced the release of a 3 megapixel Integrated Zoom Lens for ITS applications.
Tamron has been long recognised as an innovative source for mega-pixel lenses for critical ITS applications, affording them keen insight into industry needs and trends. Trending steadily higher area projections for the worldwide number of installed ITS cameras. Increasing in concert with forecasted camera count is growing demand for substantially higher ITS installation versatility – without compromise in optical performance.
As part of an on-going initiative to serve this dynamic market, Tamron has developed a new 1/1.8”, 15-50mm, F/1.4 zoom lens featuring a continuous range of focal lengths which includes the most widely used angles of view for traffic surveillance.
Common ITS installations now suffer from considerable limitation when they combine an FA camera with a fixed-focal length lens. Because fixed focal length lenses offer a single angle of view, changes in the output view can be achieved only by physically changing the camera’s mounting location. Instead, Tamron’s new 1/1.8”, 15-50mm, F/1.4 lens with remote zoom and focus delivers remarkable versatility while resolving many installation challenges. A compact design enables PTZ dome installations, making the Tamron DE005 3 mega-pixel integrated zoom lens ideal for new systems and an efficient means to seamlessly upgrade existing cameras.
- Ideal Focal Length for Traffic Surveillance
- Rugged and durable construction assures peak performance over an extended life cycle
- Ideal 15-50mm focal length is suitable for license plate recognition, identification of vehicles and individuals
- Designed to match 1/1.8” sensors common to traffic surveillance system cameras
- Accommodates larger imager sizes
- Enhanced Versatility
- PTZ dome compatibility. Even while realising a 50mm telephoto focal length, a 90mm chassis can be accommodated
- Lens-to-camera integration simplifies installation and eliminates back focus adjustment requirements
- Advanced stepping motors enable precise remote control operation and reduce installation time
- Auto focus enabled
- Optics Engineered for Low Light Surveillance
- Specialised optical formula minimises narrowing of aperture at higher zoom ratios
- F/1.4 is achievable from 15-35mm and F/1.6 at 50mm
- Outstanding image integrity is realised by eliminating colour smear and diminishing chromatic aberration