Published on 17 June, 2014
|Also on show at the event is the NICE Situator, NiceVision Net, Situator Express, and NICE Inform
NICE Systems announced recently that it is leading several educational sessions on the topics of safe cities, social media, and Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) at IFSEC International 2014, taking place June 17-19 at ExCel in London. It is also showcasing its industry-leading solutions for situation, incident and video surveillance management at stand F950.
The IFSEC Academy – the conference’s ground breaking education program – focuses on the key issues faced by the security industry. NICE had been invited to present its expertise on:
- What a ‘Safe City’ brings to supporting a major sporting event – the positive impact for security, safety and operations – June 18, 14:30
NICE discussed the challenges and needs associated with providing an all-encompassing safe city solution and the benefits it brings to major sporting events.
- Social Media – A Crime Fighting Tool? – June 18, 15:30
Citizens are using the Internet to share information, mobilise the community and organise protests and riots. NICE demonstrated how cities can also use data from online networks when investigating criminal activities.
- PSIM and Building Management Systems: the benefits of co-location – June 17, 12:30
NICE addressed how PSIM solutions can not only support the security and operational needs of an organisation but also integrate building management systems – for example, controlling heating/cooling in relation to room use for improved energy efficiency. This provides organisations a holistic enterprise situation management solution.
Throughout the event, NICE demonstrated the following solutions:
- NICE Situator – New mobile and web capabilities extend NICE situation management from the control room to the field, while providing advanced tools for handling complex, multi stakeholder incidents in information rich environments. The latest release also improves visualisation of incidents by integrating with advanced organisational and global mapping resources.
- NiceVision Net – The latest release of NICE’s intelligent video surveillance solution features new device capabilities to promote recording resiliency, enhanced web client functionality, and a new encoder.
- Situator Express – Transforms video surveillance into a complete security management solution, enabling organisations to focus on their core security challenges.
- NICE Inform – Integrates multimedia from various security systems to provide a 360-degree view of incidents for investigations, debriefing and training. The latest release synchronises recorded operator screens with audio, video, GIS and other multimedia, providing insight from every angle.
NICE’s security solutions help organisations capture, analyse and leverage big data to anticipate, manage and mitigate security and safety risks, improve operations, and make the world a safer place. The NICE security, intelligence and cyber offerings provide valuable insights that enable enterprises and governments to take the best action at the right time by correlating structured and unstructured data from multiple sensors and channels, detecting irregular patterns, and recognising trends. NICE Security solutions are used by thousands of customers worldwide, including transportation systems, critical infrastructure, city centres, banks, enterprises and government agencies.