Published on 28 November, 2013
|Senior government officials will discuss detection techniques and how to counter CBRN threats at the event
Intelligence-Sec’s CBRNe Summit 2014 will bring together senior officials from across Europe to discuss the latest CBRNe threats faced in the region. This event will allow attendees to hear in-depth presentations from senior government officials who will be discussing their detection techniques and how they counter CBRN threats in their respective country. By taking part in this international event it will allow to gain further knowledge from European First Responders who will provide case study presentations on how they respond to a CBRNe attack.
CBRNe Summit has been officially endorsed by the JCBRN Defence Centre of Excellence as they see this event as a pivotal event in the region to increase the awareness of CBRNe threats and how to counter these attacks/threats.
Don’t miss out on hearing presentations from:
- Colonel Jiri Gajdos, Director, JCBRN Defence Centre of Excellence
- Colonel Jaroslav Bieleny, Director, Slovakian Army, NATO EOD Centre of Excellence
- Colonel Rainer Schulte, Deputy Director, JCBRN Defence Centre of Excellence
- Colonel Zdenek Skalican, Director, NBC Defence Institute, Czech Republic
- Lieutenant Colonel Edward Locke, Combating WMD Officer, J5-W, U.S. European Command (USEUCOM)
- Lieutenant Colonel Ladislava Navratilova, Scientist and Chemical Expert, Fire Rescue Service, Ministry of Interior, Czech Republic
- Dr Maurizio Barbeschi, Team Leader ADS/ARO Sector Global Capacity, Alert and Response, World Health Organisation (WHO), and Team Leader of UNSG Mission for the Investigation of Alleged Use of Chemical Weapons in Syria, United Nations
- Chief Inspector Nigel Tottie, International Programme Manager, PN CBRN C, College of Policing, UK
- Major Christophe Libeau, Hazmat and CBRN Brigade Officer, Paris Region Radiological Technical Advisor, Paris Fire Brigade
- Lyudmila G. Simeonova, Head of CBRN Department, Fire Safety and Civil Protection Chief Directorate, Ministry of Interior, Bulgaria
- Boban Cekovic, Head of Demilitarisation Inspections, OPCW
- Dr Alexander Grabowski, Business Area Manager – Protection, Decontamination and Water Treatment, Bundeswehr Research Institute for Protective Technologies – NBC Protection
- Dr Cornelius Bartels, Senior Expert Bioterrorism, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
- Dr Michael Thornton, Head, Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC), European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC)
Current Sponsors and Exhibitors:
Argon Electronics (UK) Ltd
Argon Electronics (UK) Ltd is a world leader in CBRN / NBC and HazMat simulation and training aids. We provide realistic, safe and cost effective chemical and radiological simulators to enable military and civil organisations to deliver enhanced levels of training in this critical response area.
By taking part in this international event it will allow to gain further knowledge from European First Responders who will provide case study presentations on how they respond to a CBRNe attack
Bruker Detection is a leading global specialist producing Chemical, Biological, Radiation, Nuclear, Explosive detection equipment and total solutions. Widely regarded as the development and manufacturing expert of easy to use and reliable instruments, our product line ranges from handheld to stand-off detectors and complete solutions for platform and infrastructure integration.
CRISTANINI is a global leader in the research and development of solutions for CBRN emergencies. With more than 40 years’ experience in developing decontamination systems, CRISTANINI excels at reducing the logistic, training and operator burdens through innovative, modular and multi-functional solutions for Defence and Civil Protection. Simple, reliable.......and effective!
Radiation Shield Technologies
Scott are global leaders in the design and manufacture of Respiratory Protection Equipment (RPE). Their range includes military and civil defence masks and filters, powered breathing systems, self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and escape sets. The Scott AirPak range provides damage control capability to the USN, Royal Navy, Taiwan, Japan and Sweden amongst others. Their expertise, at the cutting edge of RPE technology, is indicated by contracts they are currently working on. These include the General Service Respirator (GSR) contract for the British MoD, the M 2005 for the Finnish MoD and the M95 for the Saudi Arabian MoD. Offering ultimate operational flexibility to First Responders, Scott’s portfolio can be customised to meet the specific CONOPS of the end user.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Tracerco offer a range of award winning radiation monitors, including Contamination, Dose Rate, and Personal Dosimeters as well monitors suitable for use in hazardous areas. Our monitors are robust, reliable and weatherproof. They are lightweight and easy to handle and operate. We also offer a range of accessories, including cases and check sources. We have a global after-sales service for calibration and repair for all types of radiation monitor, with quick turnaround. Tracerco are an award-winning process technology company, part of the Johnson Matthey Group, so with Tracerco Monitors, you can be sure of a high quality product.