Published on 2 February, 2015
Matrix Phone Systems extended ISDN PRI, VoIP and GSM connectivity for cost effective regional calling
Apollo Hospitals a forerunner of integrated healthcare in Asia, as well as globally has forged a legacy of excellence in Indian healthcare. Its presence encompasses over 10,000 beds over 51 hospitals, more than 1500 pharmacies and over 100 diagnostic clinics. They wanted an optimised solution to connect their Bannerghatta Headquarter, Bengaluru to Jayanagar hospital, Bengaluru with migrating their communication towards IP enabled infrastructure.
- Establish seamless connectivity between Bannerghatta headquarter and Jayanagar hospital
- Reduce communication cost
- Right Technology Mix to meet current and future needs
- Reliable after sales support
The existing client setup included a phone system that lacked their feature wish list and did not turn up to be cost effective solution for the Hospital communication. On analysing the complete scenario, the client was skeptical about the solution that can deliver IP enabled services with minimum communication infrastructure changes at least cost.
- IP enabled Phone Systems up to 1500 users at Headquarters
- Connectivity to other location over IP networking
- PRI and GSM connectivity for outbound calls
- Matrix Digital phones at user’s end
The solution offered by Matrix included ETERNITY LE - IP Phone System up to 1500 user capacity at headquarters and previously installed ETERNITY ME at Jayanagar hospital interconnected over SIP networking. Matrix systems were easily deployed over IP at the customer location. Matrix IP Phone System drastically reduced their Phone system billing to 45% of the existing.
Along with digital phones, Matrix Phone Systems extended ISDN PRI, VoIP and GSM connectivity for cost effective regional calling.
Matrix solution even fulfilled their specific feature requirement:
- Specific trunk should be allotted to each group of users formed.
- The outbound calls that are unanswered shall return to the same trunk from which the call was initiated.
Understanding the need to unify the staff and doctors across both locations, closed user group (CUG) feature configured in Matrix systems at each location allowed them to reach any co-worker just by dialing 4-digit short codes. Also for desk phones they just had to dial the extension number. This provided dialing flexibility to the customer.
Matrix IP Phone Systems proved to be a perfect blend of technology and cost effective solution to Apollo.
- 45% reduction in their Telecom cost
- Reduced interbranch communication cost with IP and GSM connectivity
- Connect to Jayanagar hospital just by dialing extension number
- Mobility with Softphone providing Direct Extension Dialing
- Improved staff productivity
- Access to New Generation IP Telephony