Published on 19 June, 2013
|Julian Inman will discuss the benefits of "Management at the Edge" and how it can offer scalability within surveillance solutions
An introduction to the concept of placing Video Management Application functionality within the edge device such as an IP Camera or encoder. A brief discussion on the potential benefits of "Management at the Edge" and how it can offer scalability within a surveillance solution. Julian Inman, EMEA Sales & Technical Support Engineer of Exacq Technologies will discuss about EDGE based VMS applications at IP-in-Action LIVE 2013, Manchester
- Fully functional VMS solution running on the camera - NO additional HW required!
- Use in distributed locations, such as utility buildings, branch offices and quick-serve restaurants
- Adding any number of additional cameras to existing systems without the need for additional, separate servers.
- Use with Wireless Cameras - Guaranteed recording in wireless IP camera deployments, such as parking lots, where network connectivity is less reliable
- Recording video in isolated or covert applications where network connectivity may not be available
- Installing Edge applications on the camera.
- Potential Full VMS Performance and Functionality at a fraction of the cost of a HW server or PC!