Published on 30 November, 2015
ASUSTOR Inc., a leading innovator and provider of network storage solutions, has announced that all of its products are now compatible with IP camera models from DIGITUS®, a world renowned brand. This expands the number of options and possibilities for consumers when creating an ideal cost-effective surveillance system.
Easy-to-use surveillance system
In the past, surveillance systems were more commonly used in large scale environments such as public places, streets, train stations and airports. With lowered barriers to technology and the rise in awareness of personal safety, consumers are now more concerned with security in their home environment. ASUSTOR NAS provides a stable and easy-to-use surveillance system with a high degree of compatibility, allowing consumers effortlessly secure their home and get peace of mind.
ASUSTOR’s Surveillance Center is a free surveillance management system that can be installed on ASUSTOR NAS devices. Surveillance Center provides users with 4 free camera channels and is compatible with most popular camera brands, allowing users to select compatible camera models based on their individual needs to create their surveillance system. Also provided is a quick start wizard that helps users to easily search for cameras in their local network and to complete setup and configuration. Surveillance Center also supports a new Multi-Stream function that optimises online viewing experiences by providing 3 different default video resolutions.
Reliable and secure solution
“DIGITUS is well-known for providing high quality products with a high price-to-performance ratio. We are very happy to be collaborating with DIGITUS to complete this integration,” said James Su, Product Manager at ASUSTOR. “After installing Surveillance Center 2.4, all ASUSTOR NAS users will be able to use IP cameras from DIGITUS, creating reliable and secure surveillance solution.”
The Surveillance Center 2.4 Beta from ASUSTOR is now available for download. All ASUSTOR NAS users will be able to enjoy support for DIGITUS products after upgrading to this new version. New functions available in Surveillance Center 2.4 include:
- Multi-Stream support: Surveillance Center now supports 3 independent video streaming modes, allowing administrators to configure default resolutions for recordings and viewing feeds remotely, optimising video streaming under different network bandwidth conditions.
- HTTPS encrypted connections: Using a secure connection can ensure the privacy and security of surveillance feed transmissions.
- 7 series devices support up to 49 different camera channels via add-on licenses.
- 62, 61, 51, 50 series devices support up 25 camera channels via add-on licenses.
- Supports IP cameras from DIGITUS.