Kazan, the capital of the republic of Tatarstan, Russia, is one of the largest economic, scientific and cultural centres in Russia, as well as the oldest city with over 1000 years of Russian Federation history.
The evolution of modern Kazan requires a pleasant ambience to live in. First of all, arrangements have to be made for public safety, law and order, prevention of criminal activities, vandalism and terrorism. The integration of an urban video surveillance system is one of the most important issues of actions that have to be taken to achieve these circumstances of living.
Solutions and results
Based on Siqura B.V.'s experience and solutions, such a system is integrated in Kazan. This system successfully solves a variety of actual problems in the city:
- It provides the operator with monitoring and control of the situation in the streets, squares and other places where people come together.
- It is used in city areas with a higher than average crime rate.
- It provides traffic control.
Furthermore, the urban video surveillance system increases efficiency of the law officers in the prevention of criminal activities.
By using the stored images, the operators can reconstruct non-standard situations, or movements a suspect makes in public places.
The key feature of the created system is that it is 100% built on the IP/Ethernet network principle. Siqura's MX SDK (Software Development Kit) allows the integration of additional subsystems, such as face recognition, automatic number plate recognition, traffic control and the existing CCTV system of the Kazan subway. Also, an important subsystem like the emergency communication of the police has been integrated in the IP/Ethernet network.
- Video cameras: 30 speed dome and 92 fixed cameras
- IP Network: 32 Layer-2 switches and 6 Layer-3 switches
- Video transmission: 122 C-series encoders
- Video storage: i-NVR with a total capacity of 100 Terabytes 30-day video storage