Published on 10 September, 2012
|Third-party offerings include longer video retention times, and wireless systems providing superior image
At ASIS 2012 OnSSI is sharing space with several third-party suppliers displaying solutions to enrich and expand the integration choices for Ocularis customers. OnSSI often collaborates with third-party technology providers to complement the functionality of the Ocularis open-architecture, intelligent IP video platform with additional integration options and capabilities.
New third-party offerings being featured at ASIS include high-performance storage, longer video retention times, and wireless systems providing superior image quality. Other systems enable video interface with IP devices such as point-of-sale (POS) systems and with biometrics systems. A compact edge-based device being shown is suitable for small to mid-sized systems or as an add-on to existing enterprise systems, and a 3D visualisation platform provides operators immersive navigation through three-dimensional environments, including multifocal camera stitching.
“Open architecture and collaboration with third-party vendors expand the benefits of Ocularis to end users,” said Gadi Piran, President and CTO, OnSSI. “Integration of Ocularis with third-party vendors enhances the resulting system to provide additional cutting-edge technologies, including several being unveiled at ASIS.”
- ConvergenceTP, which unifies video surveillance with a variety of IP appliances including point-of-sale (POS) cash registers and automated teller machines (ATMs). Real-time text integration and hypermedia search tools seamlessly integrate time-synchronised IP text streams to associated video of the text events.
Coherent Synchro, which specialises in high-3D security technology, augmented reality and multifocal camera stitching, including the Coherent Synchro 3D Visualisation Platform, a new 3D interface for Ocularis, enabling operators to use one monitor for immersive navigation through real-virtual 3D environments.
“Open architecture and collaboration with third-party vendors expand the benefits of Ocularis to end users,” said Gadi Piran, President and CTO, OnSSI
- Crossroads Systems, provider of data storage and protection solutions, including the Crossroads StrongBox LTFS (linear tape file system) network-attached storage (NAS) archive appliance delivering cost-effective, scalable storage with seamless file accessibility for long-term video surveillance storage.
- Spectra Logic, provider of innovative data protection using digital data tape backup and recovery storage, enabling retention of larger amounts of high-resolution video surveillance footage for longer periods at less cost. Together, Spectra Logic's tape library archive solution and the Crossroads StrongBox combine fast file storage and retrieval with cost-effective, reliable long-term storage.
- IdentyTech Solutions, provider of intuitive identity management products and solutions, including the IDT™ line that includes precision fingerprint, facial, iris and palm vein-sensing technology. The company will display its IDentyManage Multi Biometric management solution integrated with OnSSI as its core camera management and supplemental alert and investigation platform.
- NetApp's E-Series high performance video storage system allows video surveillance architectures to support larger-scale applications, higher camera resolutions and longer retention times. Together, OnSSI and NetApp provide video storage solutions that support customers’ large scale and high camera resolution environments and enable them to manage, store, and retain their data for longer periods of time.
- RADWIN, provider of Point-to-Point, Point-to-MultiPoint and Mobile wireless broadband solutions. RADWIN’s high-performance, carrier grade solutions serve telecom carriers and service providers, government and public safety agencies, cities, utilities and transportation organisations. These solutions incorporate industry-leading technologies and interference-mitigation mechanisms to deliver high capacity and optimal coverage.
- Razberi Technologies, supplier of the razberi ServerSwitch appliance that combines the functions of a network video recorder, high-powered Ethernet switch and OnSSI Ocularis video management software into a single compact device. The razberi ServerSwitch can serve as an edge-recording device in an Ocularis system or can be a self-contained, stand-alone recorder for a small to mid-sized system.
Ocularis solutions by OnSSI include video management software and physical security information management (VMS/PSIM) systems for server-based and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications that increase security and lower operational costs. The new Ocularis Version 3.5 includes multiple features designed in response to industry changes and market demands, including automated, immediate camera installation or replacement and online camera licensing, with a new 30-day grace period. Ocularis 3.5 also offers more detailed management of camera features, controls and client permissions, and privacy masking can be used with any device or camera view at the system level. Also new at ASIS 2012 is Ocularis-X server software, which delivers up to 16 simultaneous megapixel (HD) video streams to web and mobile devices running a standard web browser, even on a low-speed connection.