|Brivo's ASC WebService Cloud-based access control solution provides reliable, real time control of facilities
Amneal Pharmaceuticals, LLC, is a U.S.-based firm that develops, manufactures and distributes generic pharmaceuticals regulated and approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
“We are in the narcotics manufacturing business, so security is top priority,” explained Rob Symbouras, DEA Compliance Manager and Security Manager. “We are very security minded, and our security systems must help ensure we comply with strict FDA guidelines to ensure Good Manufacturing Practices, avoid product cross contamination and guard against sabotage and employee theft.”
The solution to Amneal’s security challenge has an interesting genesis: Symbouras had previously worked at ADT and is the person who sold Amneal the original Brivo system, “I sold the system I would have wanted.” Amneal Pharmaceuticals has installed Brivo ACS WebService at four company locations, covering 125 doors, and managing nearly 1,000 employees and contractors.
Amneal began installing Brivo in 2006, with the focus on its manufacturing plants. Amneal must be able to prevent unauthorised personnel from entering manufacturing rooms as well as limit access to the specific areas of the facility based on an employee’s job description. For the vaults, where controlled substances are stored, Amneal employs three layers of security alarm codes, Brivo access control, and requiring two people to simultaneously provide both halves of the necessary access information.
|The solution is installed at four company locations, covering 125 doors, and managing 1,000 people
Amneal and Rob Symbouras are clearly satisfied customers. “I can’t imagine how with another type of system, if we lost a server and had to re-create all our groups and re-organise and implement the intricate levels of access we manage. I’m very satisfied, 5 out of 5. I would recommend this system to anybody.”
- Of the nearly 1,000 people under management, Amneal was able to divide staff into 91groups with different levels, schedules, and locations of access.
- The system’s detailed level of anytime, anywhere control is highly valued: “A day doesn’t go by that I’m not asked to give or take away access,” Symbouras reported. “Recently, I got an email asking how many employees are allowed into a certain room. We have that information at our fingertips, and we have the capability to maintain an intricate level of who can go where and when, and we know where anyone is at any time.”
- The managed service feature of the Brivo system continues to impress. Symbouras serves as the main system administrator and receives the bulk of the alerts and calls, “When that happens, I reach over for my iPhone and do what I need to do. Someone has been let go? Locked out? Push a button, done.”
- For Amneal, remote system management is also a key benefit, “It’s easy to just jump on any computer—doesn’t matter which browser—no VPN, just log-in and password, and I’m ready to go. Also, my IT Department doesn’t need to be concerned for anything about this system —they provide a connection to the cloud and their job is done; no backups, upgrades, maintenance, no headaches.”
- Amneal is in a strong growth phase. Over the next few years, the company estimates it will add nearly 75 more doors to its Brivo system.
ASC WebService Cloud-based access control solution that provides reliable, real time control of your facilities. Leverages the power and versatility of the cloud to provide powerful, scalable, secure solutions.