Video surveillance has been part of the physical security industry for decades, and yet it is also a technology that continues to reinvent itself.
The advent IP-based video in the 1990s opened a path to a surge of technology development that continues today. The use of deep-learning video analytics using artificial intelligence (AI) is at the forefront of the latest wave of innovation, but there are also developments in video management systems and even inside the camera. Cybersecurity plays a growing and critical role in video systems.
Video is especially useful for education applications. Other changing environments for video include safe cities and smarter mobility. Registration of private video systems now provides a new crime-solving tool for police.
This Video Surveillance eMagazine from SourceSecurity.com reveals how video will continue to dominate technology development for years to come.
- Ushering in a new wave of video surveillance capabilities
- Video systems are more valuable than ever at education facilities
- How intelligent video surveillance supports smart mobility
- The increased role of video surveillance technology in our changing environment
- Registering private video systems provides new crime-solving tool for police
- Video-centric innovation is expanding the safety of smart cities
Simplified security for utilities & critical infrastructure
Best practices for migrating to an IP-based access control system
How smart surveillance brings logistics and warehousing to the next level
School security moves to the cloud