When a reporter asked the famous criminal Willie Sutton why he robbed banks, his answer was succinct and to the point: "Because that's where the money is." Despite subsequent claims that he never said it, the explanation is also a useful answer to another question: "Why do banks need security systems?"
The “whys” of security systems for banks and financial institutions -- as well as the who, what, when, where and how -- are the subjects of this Bank Security eMagazine from SourceSecurity.com.
The articles cover vandalism and intrusion detection using artificial intelligence (AI). We will also learn about trends in electronic security such as video, software platforms, and a network architecture -- not to mention cybersecurity. And automated teller machines (ATMs) face their own set of threats.
- AI-based security software is the answer to vandalism and theft prevention
- Trends in banking security include more networks and software
- ATMs provide convenience for bank customers, but they have vulnerabilities
- Cyber-threats can impact brand perception and customer trust at banks
- How to prevent ATM jackpotting with physical and cyber security
Simplified security for utilities & critical infrastructure
Best practices for migrating to an IP-based access control system
School security moves to the cloud
Delivering smart, secure and healthy retail environments with the cloud