New recording management software from Samsung
A four-channel version of Samsung's NET-i Ware recording software is available license-free with various upgrade versions on offer to allow a user to control up to 64 recording channels.
The primary objective of the NET-i Ware recording software is to provide a full control, administration and set-up of cameras and domes from the company's iPOLiS range of network products, including the latest HD megapixel series, and allow images to be recorded and played back via a PC across the network. With this in mind, Samsung's design engineers have packed the NET-i Ware software with features to ensure operators are able to take full advantage of the latest IP technology. Various compression methods are therefore supported, including H.264, MPEG-4 & MJPEG. Multiple back-up video formats are also supported as are a number of audio formats, e.g. G.726, G.711, G.723 and PCM.
The device registration process of the NET-i Ware software allows an operator to almost effortlessly register, modify or delete up to 64 Network devices and configure each one individually for scheduled or pre and post event recording.
Other key features of the NET-i Ware software include:
- The NET-i Ware SNS-SF software will automatically backup/archive at a pre-determined time either every day or every week on a per camera basis to a file location of choice.
- The recorded data has a global auto deletion mode as well as an option to automatically overwrite the oldest video when the HDDs are full.
- The automatic sending of an email informing the recipient of the camera name, event type, event time and a snapshot JPEG image of what has triggered an alarm or a camera's motion detection function.
- An administrator can also decide if they wish to record both video and audio and if certain cameras should be hidden from an operators view.
- The NET-i Ware SNS-SF software empowers administrators to set-up User Groups, with each group given different levels of control, e.g. Set-up, PTZ controls covert monitoring, search facilities and back-up.