|Prof. Srinivasan will speak about professionalising security professionals in the current environment
ASIS International, the world’s premier association for security professionals, has announced that Prof. Narayanan Srinivasan, Professor of Security and Risk at Edith Cowan University (Australia) and Director of Emirates-ECU Centre (Dubai) will be a keynote speaker at ASIS Middle East 2013. Prof. Srinivasan will speak about professionalising security professionals in the current environment.
The ASIS 4th Middle East Security Conference & Exhibition will be held on 17-19 February 2013 in Dubai, UAE at the InterContinental Dubai Festival City.
Prof. Srinivasan completed his studies at the University of Malaya (Malaysia) and Cambridge University (UK) in areas of Criminology and Public Administration. He also completed programmes at Cornell and Harvard Universities in the areas of security management, international security and current trends in security profiling. Prof. Srinivasan is engaged in many research projects in the area of aviation and maritime security in Australia, UK, Asia Pacific and the Middle East and works as a consultant to airlines and governments in these regions. He is credited with professionalising the security industry through education programmes globally.
Prof. Srinivasan is also part of the UN Expert Group on Civilian Private Security and a member of several professional groups looking at the professionalization of security including the Australasian Council of Security Professionals.
Prof. Srinivasan said: “Professionalising civilian private security is a long term goal and has started to evolve through steps taken by the UAE towards formalising standards for private security. The United Nations through UNODC has accepted UAE's leadership in this arena.”
The ASIS 4th Middle East Security Conference & Exhibition will cover a wide range of security issues in 33 high-level educational sessions divided over 3 parallel tracks.
The conference will also feature:
- 3 keynote presentations
- Dedicated sessions for Chief Security Officers (CSOs) and their deputies organised by the CSO Roundtable of ASIS International;
- A vendor-neutral technical track organised by training provider Tavcom;
- An enlarged exhibition featuring the latest in security technology and solutions;
- Unrivalled networking opportunities at the President’s Reception, business lunches and networking breaks.
- On 20 and 21 February ASIS has organised CPP (Certified Protection Professional) and PSP (Physical Security Professional) review courses. Both courses will be provided by certified security professionals and will offer the most insight into preparing for and successfully passing the comprehensive CPP and PSP Exams.
ASIS will be offering the opportunity to follow 4 in-depth post-conference workshops organised by training provider EuroMaTech. All courses will be taught by renowned experts in their field over the course of two full days on 20 and 21 February.