|Lenel's application supports Android™, Windows® 7, iPad™, iPhone® smartphones and other wireless devices |
With the latest OnGuard Mobile Monitoring application, Lenel Systems International, Inc.
announces support for the Android™, Windows® 7, iPad™, iPhone® smartphones and other wireless devices. Previously available only on BlackBerry® smartphones, the new application meets today's growing business demands for additional choices in mobile equipment for monitoring corporate and government facilities. Lenel is a business of UTC Fire & Security
, a unit of United Technologies Corp."Building on the success of our award-winning BlackBerry solution, this application provides a range of mobile alternatives for customers with OnGuard equipped sites. When guards and security personnel cannot be present at a central monitoring station, mobile monitoring alerts security to real-time activities throughout the entire location,"
states Shaun Kelsey, Custom Solutions Manager for Lenel.
The application equips security personnel with alarm monitoring capabilities anywhere data-capable wireless connection (Wi-Fi or cellular) is available. While patrolling, guards can review and receive alarms, as well as run reports against user transactions logged by the mobile devices.
Benefits of Lenel's Mobile Monitoring application include the ability to:
- Limit alarms received to specific monitored zones upon login
- View cardholder details including photos for all access events
- Offer OnGuard internal account and domain authentication
- Acknowledge and mark new alarms as "in progress"
- Run reports against user transactions initiated from the phone
- Share a pool of phones - login is not tied to a specific phone
- Provide command and control of readers to override pre-set modes during emergencies
A live demonstration of Lenel's Mobile Monitoring application was done for viewers at ISC West 2011 in Las Vegas.