|Aspen Security Forum: Global will convene international security experts and is meant to compliment annual US-focused Aspen Security Forum
The Aspen Institute Homeland Security Program announces the debut Aspen Security Forum: Global. The event will convene top-level present and former government officials, leading thinkers, noted press and broadcast journalists, and other international security experts to discuss issues including the threat of ISIL, the role of NATO, cybersecurity, and more.
Press application: A limited number of press passes are available.
What: The debut Aspen Security Forum: Global will convene the world’s foremost thought leaders in international security and is meant to compliment the annual US-focused Aspen Security Forum.
When: April 21-23, 2016
Where: London, UK
Who: Confirmed speakers include:
- Shami Chakrabarti, Director, The National Council for Civil Liberties, United Kingdom
- James Comey, Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation, United States
- Gilles de Kerchove, Counterterrorism Coordinator, European Union
- Staffan de Mistura, Special Envoy for Syria, United Nations
- Mohamed Farmaajo, Founder and Secretary-General, Tayo Political Party; Former Prime Minister, Somalia
- Asif Ibrahim, Special Envoy to the Prime Minister for Countering Terrorism and Extremism, India
- Marina Kaljurand, Foreign Minister, Estonia
- Hina Rabbani Khar, Former Foreign Minister, Pakistan
- Gholamali Khoshroo, Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Iran
- Douglas Lute, Permanent Representative to the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, United States
- Lisa Monaco, Deputy National Security Advisor and Assistant to the President for Counterterrorism and Homeland Security, United States
- Juan Carlos Pinzón, Ambassador of Colombia to the United States; Former Minister of Defense, Colombia
- Salahuddin Rabbani, Foreign Minister, Afghanistan
- Alexander Rondos, Special Representative for the Horn of Africa, European Union