Globally renowned life-safety systems manufacturer, C-TEC, has announced launching a new series of free CPD certified training programs and events entitled ‘Fire Alarm Systems for Domestic Dwellings’.
CPD certified training events
These CPD certified training events are ideal for security personnel, fire safety providers and anyone working in the domestic fire sector. This includes consultants, specifiers, housing associations, installers, facilities managers, building developers and landlords, the events will be hosted at six key venues across the UK.
The events is slated to run from 9.45 am to 2.30 pm and are designed to:
- Give a brief overview of how domestic and commercial fire alarm systems have developed over the years.
- Discuss the legislation and standards that apply to such systems and the impact they are having today.
- Summarise the key points of and the changes made to BS 5839-6 2019: The code of practice for the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of domestic fire alarm systems certification program.
- Explore if 'Stay Put' is still a safe policy to deploy for evacuating a building during a fire.
- Outline a new approach to fire alarm systems for purpose-built flats and apartments with multiple advantages that can help make strategies such as stay put/defend-in-place safer.
Upon completion, attendees will receive a CPD certificate worth 3 hours of CPD points. Refreshments and a buffet lunch will be provided to guests.
Andy Green, C-TEC’s Marketing Manager stated, “Our new CPD events are suitable for anyone interested in the latest developments in domestic fire detection and alarm technology and the recent changes to BS 5839-6. Demand is expected to be high so we would advise anyone who is interested to register their interest quickly.”