Percepto, the provider of autonomous industrial drone solutions, launches the next generation of its AI-powered autonomous industrial Drone-in-a-Box (DIB). Available now, the solution includes a highly portable, smaller, lighter-weight and extreme weather resistant base station. Adding field-proven 5G compatibility, the new DIB also features seamless integration of 2D mapping and 3D modelling, highly customised reporting, comprehensive compliance and enhanced safety functions.
The award-winning DIB solution provides constant aerial visual insights. It enables organisations operating around the world in the mining, energy and industrial, oil and gas, ports and terminals sectors, to optimise their security and business operations, whilst reducing risks and operational costs. Launched at IFSEC International in London, the new next-generation Percepto solution provides many significant upgrades and new features.
Promising complete protection
New features enable constant site scanning and pile inspection for better inventory management
- At only 166(W) x 162(D) x 168(H) and 162kg, the smaller and lighter weight (162 kg) Percepto Base makes it even easier to transport, deploy and manoeuvre units into position, in order to schedule and manage a wide range of surveillance, mapping, inspection and maintenance missions.
- The entire DIB solution is protected by high levels of extreme weather resistance, with the new Percepto Base achieving an ingress protection rating of IP65, which promises complete protection against contact with moving parts inside the enclosure and against the ingress of dust.
- New features enable constant site scanning and pile inspection for better inventory management. Fully integrated data dashboard created automatically upon mission completion as well as customised reporting for pile inspection and change detection.
- In addition, the new Percepto DIB solution is powered by the PerceptoCore Software suite which now includes new highly customisable reports to translate aerial data from Sparrow drones to actionable insights. Each stakeholder operating on-site received aerial insights relevant to his/her field of interest.
- With 5G networks being switched on around the world, Percepto is pioneering the autonomous drone market by adding 5G compatibility to its latest version. In April 2019, the company revealed that it had successfully proven the ability to fly autonomous drones over SK Telecom’s (the largest mobile operator in Korea) 5G trial network.
- The Percepto Solution has always adhered to the most stringent global regulatory compliance requirements. In order to provide even greater levels of safety and to protect the Sparrow drone in the highly unlikely event of malfunction, units can now be equipped with an integrated parachute. Another additional safety enhancement feature is the ability to lock accurate drones’ position in case of loss of GPS.
CEO of Percepto, Dor Abuhasira, states: “Percepto has a reputation for being first to market with innovations that become adopted as the gold-standard for autonomous drone functionality and operation. With the launch of our next-generation DIB solution we have raised the bar once again, when it comes to safety, and customised value for variety of our customers.”