Pelco by Schneider Electric, a global provider of trusted video surveillance solutions, announced the immediate availability of the new Spectra Professional 4K cameras to their portfolio of high resolution (4K) fixed and Pan Tilt Zoom cameras.
From license plates to faces, the rugged outdoor camera features state-of-the-art surveillance camera resolutions and compression standards to clarify details of interest in crowded or poorly lit areas such as city surveillance, airports, metro stations, waterways, roadways, bridges, and other outdoor commercial applications.
Ability to zoom in with greater detail
With 4K resolution, one camera can cover a large area and offer the ability to zoom in with greater detail"Areas such as seaports and waterways are particularly in need for better surveillance technology, with an estimated 50 billion U.S. dollars in loss annually according to the National Cargo Security Council. The Spectra Professional 4K provides a solution for organisations who are frustrated with the inability to zoom into crowded, outdoor areas with low levels of light.
“Traditionally, when operators zoom-in on 1080P video, the details can become indistinct because there are only so many pixels,” explained Rob Yockey, Pelco’s Senior Product Line Manager. “With 4K resolution, one camera can cover a large area and offer the ability to zoom in with greater detail. This technology greatly improves security operations in both live monitoring as well as in forensic analysis.”
Infrared illumination up to 150 metres
The Spectra Professional 4K camera technology enhances the ability to recognise and identify objects at greater distances. It also provides infra-red illumination up to 150 meters, streams video in H.265, H.264 or MJPEG formats, and can see 15 degrees above the horizon.
Spectra Professional 4K’s features capture outstanding detail in low-light conditions and is ideal for tracking people and vehicles"
“Pelco continues to expand its 4K resolution camera offering with the Spectra Professional 4K line of PTZ cameras by providing detailed images more clearly than ever before at greater distances,” Yockey continued. “Spectra Professional 4K’s innovative features capture outstanding detail in low-light conditions and is ideal for tracking people and vehicles across wide spaces.”
Key features of Spectra Professional 4K
In addition to the benefits that the Spectra Professional 4K camera provides with outstanding image quality, smart compression technology and sharp 4K detail, the new camera also includes the following key features:
- Improved detection: With up to 4K resolution at 30ips, the Spectra Professional 4K can cover a large area with clarity of detail to record information such as license plates numbers or faces of people.
- Primarily for outdoor applications with poor lighting conditions, the camera provides IR capabilities like Esprit Enhanced IR modelsIntegrated IR: Primarily for outdoor applications with poor lighting conditions, the camera provides IR capabilities like Esprit Enhanced IR models. In response to some cities passing laws to restrict white light pollution near apartments or in empty parking lots, the camera provides IR illumination that enables operation in the absence of visible light.
- Operational efficiency: The camera offers operators H.265 video encoding and Pelco Smart Compression that reduce the storage required while preserving image quality. With excellent PTZ responsiveness and features such as patterns and frame scan, Spectra Professional 4K enables close manual tracking of people or vehicles as well as ability to cover spaces in an automated fashion.
- Tilt to + 15º Above the Horizon Look-Up: Allows for extended viewing area above most dome cameras that can only see to the horizon.
- EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization): Reduces blurring associated with camera motion in environments subject to vibration.