Opening up NVIDIA’s effort to put deep learning to work creating safer, smarter cities, the Metropolis Software Partner Programme, brings together a dozen software partners.
The programme offers a curated list of applications that makes it easy for systems integrators and hardware vendors to build new products.
Together, NVIDIA and its software partners seek to take advantage of the more than one billion video cameras that will live in our cities by the year 2020 to solve a dizzying array of problems.
Traffic management in cities
Possibilities include video-based automated real-time control of traffic signals to ease traffic congestion. Cameras mounted on traffic lights can help drivers find parking spaces. Cameras can even be used to better target preventative maintenance for roads and bridges. Metropolis enables all of it.
NVIDIA’s latest announcement follows the debut of the Metropolis edge-to-cloud platform in May with a rich set of hardware and SDKs. To make it into the Metropolis Software Partner Programme, partners must have production-ready and field-proven solutions.
NVIDIA’s latest list of solutions and applications:
- Briefcam: State-of-the-art video synopsis solution for quick video review and search, real-time alerting and quantitative video insights.
- Deepvision AI: Brands, logos and products identification to perform analytics and provide personalised content to retail customers.
- Herta Security: Cutting-edge facial recognition solutions for law enforcement in crowded public places.
- Icetana : Self-learning intelligent analytics to detect anomalies in real-time from surveillance videos and quickly alerts operators.
- Ironyun: Next-generation AI video search using a natural language interface.
- Omni AI: Self-learning system for anomaly detection on video, SCADA, cyber, image and analytics data in real time.
- OpenALPR: Automatic license plate recognition software for smart cities, law enforcement and corporations.
- Sensen Networks: Real-time parking and speed enforcement solutions for cities. Applications for casinos such as table game and customer analytics.
- Sensetime: State-of-the-art facial recognition solution for public safety, retail and access control.
- VisionLabs: Cross-platform facial recognition solution for controlled (biometric authentication and identity assurance) and uncontrolled (retail, smart cities and public safety) scenarios at scale.
- Vocord : Real-time biometric facial recognition software with high very high accuracy.
- Xjera: Solution for people and vehicle counting for enterprise and commercial applications offering high-accuracy, high-levels of customisation and robust security.
Putting deep learning to work promises to help first responders react to emergencies more quickly, and deliver more personalised experiences to shoppers. All this can be done with anonymised video that maintains privacy, while still being able to extract useful metadata.
The result: safer, more efficient, cities for all of us.