As video surveillance has become a common means of protecting businesses and their customers and visitors, scalability of video systems has become a major challenge, both for supporting more types and quantity of cameras and for storing ever-increasing amounts of video data. The new combined solution from NETGEAR and Arcus Global Inc., makes it possible for SMBs — such as cafes, pre-schools, small hotels, independent retailers, small offices, and property management firms, among others — to meet their needs of physical security with minimal investment, effort, and total ownership cost.
ReadyNAS at NETGEAR
“Smaller businesses have to wrestle with video surveillance scalability and data reliability just as large organisations do, but often find that current solutions are too difficult to install, too expensive to acquire, or have too few features and too little capacity,” said Doug Cheung, senior product line manager for ReadyNAS at NETGEAR. “We’re very pleased to team with the Arcus Global team, a recognised innovator in video surveillance, to offer SMBs a seamless, cost-effective solution to this challenge.”
Milestone Arcus on ReadyNAS is a world-class IP video surveillance solution for small and medium size businesses
Milestone Arcus on ReadyNAS is a world-class IP video surveillance solution for small and medium size businesses, ranging from a family retail store with eight cameras to a large residential apartment building with 100 cameras. This unique, ultra-scalable solution offers total protection of business assets and can be set up and in operation within minutes, without additional training.
The free downloadable app runs on all NETGEAR business-class ReadyNAS models, offering:
- Support for up to 100 high-definition high frame rate IP cameras, which can be easily expanded through the addition of NETGEAR Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) switches to provide power to those cameras at a distance;
- Highest storage capacity ranging from two to 60 bays, capable of handling continuous video recording from several weeks to over a year;
- Superior data retention with unique five levels of data protection against hardware failures and virus attacks, and hybrid remote NAS and cloud backup for multiple sites. Business users enjoy premium video surveillance features such as automatic camera discovery, PTZ controls, motion detection
Business users enjoy premium video surveillance features such as automatic camera discovery, PTZ controls, motion detection, anywhere access to video feeds for live view and playback, and easy export for forensic evidence and investigation.
Video data retention In addition to performing the video management functions, the ReadyNAS continues to operate as a standard network attached storage solution
In addition to performing the video management functions, the ReadyNAS continues to operate as a standard network attached storage solution. Its full ReadyNAS OS feature set includes ReadyDR (disaster recovery) so businesses can meet the most stringent legal and commercial requirements for video data retention.
NETGEAR offers multiple hardware models of ReadyNAS to meet the performance and storage needs of any SMB. There are desktop and rackmount options with capacity up to 60 bays, supporting extended surveillance video retention, depending on number and type of camera and the duration of time that video data needs to be kept. NETGEAR business-class ReadyNAS models running ReadyNAS OS 6.8 that currently support Milestone Arcus include:
- ReadyNAS RN420 Series of Desktop NAS (RN422, RN424, RN426, RN428)
- ReadyNAS RN520 Series of Desktop NAS (RN524X, RN526X, RN528X)
- ReadyNAS RN620 Series of Desktop NAS (RN626X, RN628X)
- ReadyNAS Rackmount (RR2312, RR2304, RN3138, RR3312, RR4312X, RR4360X)
Video security and storage
“NETGEAR is known as a top trusted expert in networking solutions for small and medium-sized businesses, so we’re delighted they’ve chosen to integrate our software with ReadyNAS to provide a highly secured and scalable video protection and storage solution that is truly world-class,” said Lars Nordenlund Frii, CEO of Arcus Global Inc.
Milestone Arcus on ReadyNAS is compatible with the widest selection of IP cameras in the market, numbering into the thousands. This includes the new NETGEAR FlexPower Wire-Free IP Camera (VNC4030), the industry’s first and only wire-free, battery-powered ONVIF compliant camera. HD-quality PIR motion-detected footage captured using a 130-degree wide-angle lens, day and night, offers video security that can fill in blind spots and complement always-on cameras in an existing surveillance system. FlexPower Cameras and the FlexPower Base Station (VNB4000), designed to boost wireless connectivity with a range of up to 300ft, can be paired with Milestone Arcus on ReadyNAS for a complete video security solution.
A camera license from NETGEAR is required to record video captured from the connected IP surveillance cameras
Pricing and availability
A camera license from NETGEAR is required to record video captured from the connected IP surveillance cameras. NETGEAR is offering a one-time 60-day trial license upon activation of Milestone Arcus on ReadyNAS software.
A flexible license policy enables businesses to easily expand the number of licenses or functionality over time, depending upon the number of cameras managed. The number of licenses required is based on per camera connection to the ReadyNAS. NETGEAR is currently offering three 5-year license packages at the following suggested U.S. retail prices:
- RNVMSMA1-10000S – ReadyNAS VMS by Milestone Arcus, 1 camera license — $60
- RNVMSMA4-10000S – ReadyNAS VMS by Milestone Arcus, 4 camera licenses — $200
- RNVMSMA8-10000S – ReadyNAS VMS by Milestone Arcus, 8 camera licenses — $350
NETGEAR FlexPower Camera
Businesses can take advantage of a 5-year solution warranty from NETGEAR and a single point of contact for support.
The NETGEAR FlexPower Camera and Base Station are available now worldwide through authorised NETGEAR partners and other reseller channels and e-commerce sites, at the following suggested U.S. retail prices:
- NETGEAR FlexPower ONVIF-Compliant Wire-Free IP Camera (VNC4030) — $229.99
- NETGEAR FlexPower Base Station for FlexPower ONVIF-Compliant Cameras (VNB4000) — $99.99