JumpCloud announced JumpCloud Protect™, a one-touch multi-factor authentication (MFA) solution that makes it easy for IT admins to deploy and enforce MFA without adversely impacting end users.
Available for iOS and Android devices, JumpCloud Protect enables simple and efficient “touch to verify” functionality for employees when accessing corporate IT resources authenticated by the JumpCloud Directory Platform.
Mobile MFA app
JumpCloud Protect is a fully featured mobile MFA app that allows employees authenticating into protected apps and resources to verify themselves directly from their corporate-issued or BYOD mobile device.
- Installs on both iOS and Android devices
- Simple “one-touch” accept or deny functionality to verify identity when accessing IT resources
- Alternate Time-based One-time Password (TOTP) token-generation capabilities for any JumpCloud authenticated resources or users’ personal online accounts requiring second-factor verification.
Simplest verification solution
“Our IT team is challenged with several requirements. Making employees happy and productive, reducing the total cost of equipping them with the right IT tools, and ensuring we are keeping the company secure while people are remote is our new normal,” said Randy Tanenhaus, IT Manager at ClassPass.
“I like JumpCloud’s direction. JumpCloud Protect means we can give our employees the simplest verification solution on the market. Without disrupting their work, we really know it’s them. Further, I have been able to think about other critical priorities versus evaluating, buying, and integrating a 2FA solution into our identity strategy.”
Identity and security in one place
JumpCloud Protect will reduce the cost of maintaining a separate MFA solution “At Employee Zero, we’ve been implementing JumpCloud solutions for our clients for the past six years,” said James Martin, director at Employee Zero, an IT consultancy and managed service provider.
“In that time, we have seen so many exciting advancements in features and value-adds to the platform. JumpCloud Protect is a major leap forward in keeping identity and security in one easy-to-manage place for both the end-user and for us as IT support. JumpCloud Protect will reduce the cost of maintaining a separate MFA solution for our clients whilst making things more streamlined.”
JumpCloud Protect benefits
In addition to its extensive feature set, JumpCloud Protect provides several benefits for customers of JumpCloud at any package level, and the employees and IT and security teams that manage access and security controls at these companies:
- Secure all endpoints: JumpCloud Protect will extend beyond the JumpCloud user portal and cloud applications, to also protect on-premise applications, Mac, Windows, and Linux desktops, VPN and wireless networks, and servers.
- Reduce IT cost: JumpCloud Protect is included with all packages at no extra cost. This includes any customers of the JumpCloud Free package.
- Vendor consolidation: Admins will no longer have to manage third-party MFA or authenticator apps and save on their associated licensing and integration costs. JumpCloud Protect is natively combined with the JumpCloud Directory Platform.
- Integrated with JumpCloud’s Conditional Access “step-up” authentication policies: For customers of JumpCloud’s Platform Plus package, JumpCloud Protect adds an extra layer of security by providing an integrated MFA solution with the package’s Conditional Access Policies, triggering verification of an identity based upon a variety of parameters, such as device trust, location, network trust, and application-specific step-up challenges.
- Ease of use: Standard MFA methods are often viewed as cumbersome for end-users such as the insertion of six-digit token numbers into authentication fields or combined with passwords. JumpCloud Protect provides a one-touch authentication method to provide employee convenience when challenged with verifying their identity.
“Most organisations struggle to find the balance of appropriate security levels and convenience for employees. Security and IT teams are looking for solutions that eliminate friction, without incurring additional costs in integration time, effort, and vendor management,” said Greg Keller, CTO at JumpCloud.
“JumpCloud Protect gives IT and security teams a path to protection without irritating users or overcomplicating their infrastructure. Mobile push MFA is an easy-to-understand and easy-to-use solution for employees and simplifies IT and SecOps who can rely upon the same vendor they use for their identity and device management solutions with tightly integrated MFA solutions.”
For IT admins with limited resources, the JumpCloud Directory Platform puts simple user management JumpCloud is redefining the directory to enable the domainless enterprise, where admins can secure every user and device from the cloud, without any legacy on-premise infrastructure or networking required.
The announcement of JumpCloud Protect follows the recent Zero-Touch Enrollment release, which streamlines device and onboarding for organisations.
Secure, and cost-effective user management
The company just won the 2021 Cutting Edge in SMB Cybersecurity Global InfoSec award, was named one of America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 by Forbes, and named a finalist for the EdTech Awards in the Networking, Information Technology (IT), Connectivity, or Access Solution category.
G2 acknowledged JumpCloud across several categories for Best Software of 2021, and nearly 700 IT admins have rated JumpCloud as a market leader in Cloud Directory Service Software, Privileged Access Management, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Single Sign-On (SSO) Software, User Provisioning, and Governance Tools.
For IT admins with limited resources, the JumpCloud Directory Platform puts simple, secure, and cost-effective user management within reach by consolidating identity across any and all IT resources without the complexity of other enterprise solutions.
JumpCloud Protect is currently in an early access evaluation period with select customers and will launch in late Q2.