International Procurement Services (IPS) announces the release of the Research Electronics International (REI) ANDRE Deluxe Near-Field Detection Receiver which offers higher frequency detection range, ultrasonic detection, new software and a new antenna which extends the frequency detection range to 12 GHz.
ANDRE Deluxe Near-Field Detection Receiver The ANDRE detects signal activity and displays a histogram of signal strength over time
The ANDRE detects signal activity and displays a histogram of signal strength over time. It is a handheld broadband receiver capable of detecting covert electronics including GSM bugs, microphones, cameras, RF and Wi-Fi transmitters, and mobile phones. Possible applications may be in RF emissions detection, Prison contraband, RF spectrum management, Executive protection, Technical surveillance countermeasures (TSCM), Intelligence protection and Fraud detection at exam testing sites.
The ANDRE’s success at detecting and locating the source of RF, infrared, visible light, carrier current and other types of transmissions has expanded in the new Deluxe model with several additional antennas/probes, accessories, software and operational features.
The New Antennas/Probes:
- Down converting Antenna – this directional antenna replaces the log periodic in the Deluxe and provides twice the frequency range. The Down converting antenna has 2 bands, Band 1 (500 MHz – 6 GHz), and Band 2 (6 GHz-12 GHz)
- Ultrasonic Probe – this probe detects ultrasonic sound waves that are beyond the upper audible limit of human hearing (15 kHz – 80 kHz), including ultrasonic jamming devices
- Directional Antenna – this antenna provides directional detection of lower frequency signals (300 Hz to 20 kHz)
Software and Operational Features:
- Data Logging is a new software feature that provides detailed long-term histogram data for downloading to PC and viewing in the ANDRE Data Viewer software. Signal data includes: time/date, signal amplitude, user settings, probes, chart duration and detailed frequency band information. There are 3 optional resolution modes:
- 250 hours and 500ms resolution
- 25 hours and 50ms resolution
- 30 minutes and 1ms resolution
Other Antennas/Probes include:
- Whip/Dipole Antenna (30 MHz – 6 GHz)
- RF Sniffer/Locator Probe (20 MHz – 6 GHz)
- VLF Loop Antenna (10 kHz – 30 MHz)
- Concealed Antenna (750 MHz – 6 GHz)
- Acoustic Leakage Probe
- Audio Transformer (300 Hz – 20 kHz)
- Carrier Current Probe (100 kHz – 60 MHz)
- Built-in Visible Light/IR Detector (1 kHz – 70 MHz)
ANDRE Data Viewer
ANDRE Data Viewer presents information from Data Logging files in a histogram display for post sweep review, analysis and reporting
ANDRE Data Viewer – this PC software program presents information from Data Logging files in a histogram display for post sweep review, analysis and reporting. It can also open captured screen shots. The ANDRE Data Viewer can be downloaded from the REI website.
ANDRE Deluxe Accessories – new accessories include a 6 ft. boom extender to increase antenna reach. A table top tripod provides stationary placement of antennas. New 5 ft. and 9 ft. probe connector cables are included to supply power to new ANDRE Deluxe antennas as well as passive connectivity to existing antennas. An IR Filter attached to the ANDRE filters out everything but infrared.
Band identification and FCC frequency
All ANDRE models include a built-in frequency counter that logs the strongest signals to a signal list, and includes detailed information like signal strength, attenuation and gain, and communication band classification. Band identification helps determine the FCC frequency allocation the signal falls within. It includes an audio amplifier for listening to demodulated analogue audio and ten second recordings. The ANDRE also captures and stores screen shots and audio files. A USB cable transfers files and recharges batteries and it auto-detects attached antenna probes.