Measuring just 99mm in diameter, the new super-compact 2 and 5-megapixel Wisenet Q mini domes manufactured by Hanwha Techwin are packed with features designed to ensure that end-users obtain maximum benefit from their video surveillance solutions. 40% smaller than previous models, the new H.265 mini domes deliver real-life practical benefits to a wide range of end-users and in particular, retailers who require aesthetically attractive cameras to be installed on walls and ceilings, in what could be confined spaces.
License-free people counting analytics, as well as defocus, motion and tampering detection are built into all four new models as standard, whilst a new open platform chipset also provides the opportunity for third-party applications to run onboard the domes.
Business intelligence for smarter retail
Retailers can take advantage of the captured data to measure the impact of online promotions
The people counting functionality built into the new Wisenet Q mini domes offer retailers the opportunity to monitor store efficiency in terms of the relationship of footfall data with actual sales. Retailers can also take advantage of the captured data to measure the impact of online promotions and other marketing activities on the number of people who enter their stores, as well as making best use of human resources in order to manage the peaks and troughs of customer flow at checkouts.
Besides, the new mini domes have been integrated with Retail Insight, a shortly to be launched business intelligence solution which users will be able to purchase separately and which utilises people counting, queue management and heat mapping applications to provide Statistical Analytics via an affordable centralised dashboard software solution. Accessed from anywhere on the network, Retail Insight will consolidate data captured by up to 500 cameras and present it on an easy to understand dashboard to enable business managers to have a greater understanding of the customer-related activity.
All four new models are true day/night (ICR) cameras which feature Lens Distortion Correction (LDC) and true Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) which performs at up to 120dB to produce clear images from scenes containing a challenging mix of bright and dark areas which normally results in overexposed or underexposed images.
Multiple streaming with WiseStream II
WiseStream II reduces the total cost of ownership of a video surveillance system
The mini domes support multiple streaming with the choice of H.265, H.264 or MJPEG compression. Their bandwidth friendly credentials are enhanced by WiseStream II, a complementary compression technology which dynamically controls encoding, balancing quality and compression, according to movement in the image. Bandwidth efficiency is improved by up to 99% compared to current H.264 technology when WiseStream II is combined with H.265 compression. As such, WiseStream II reduces the total cost of ownership of a video surveillance system by minimising the storage and bandwidth requirements of high definition cameras.
Other key features :
- Hallway View which provides a highly effective way to monitor narrow vertical areas such as shopping aisles and corridors. It enables cameras which can generate images in the 9:16 and 3:4 aspect ratios to work effectively in tall and narrow spaces, with the added bonus of minimising bandwidth and video storage requirements.
- MicroSD/SDHC/SDXC memory slot allows up to 128GB of video or data to be stored at the edge.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) support which negates the need to install separate power supplies and cabling for each dome.
- The Wisenet QND-8011 and QND-8021 have an HDMI video output which enables images captured by the mini domes to be displayed on a public view monitor.
The four ONVIF compliant new mini domes are :
- Wisenet QND-6011 2MP mini dome with fixed 2.8mm lens with max. F2.0
- Wisenet QND-6021 2MP mini dome with fixed 4.0mm lens with max. F1.6
- Wisenet QND-8011 5MP mini dome with fixed 2.8mm lens with max. F2.0 and HDMI output
- Wisenet QND-8021 5MP mini dome with fixed 4.0mm lens with max. F1.6 and HDMI output