Genetec Inc., a renowned technology provider of unified security, public safety, operations, and business intelligence announced the immediate availability of a new Unified Solutions Bundle for financial institutions, an all-in-one offering, specifically tailored to help banks with small and mid-sized branches and Automated Teller Machines manage security, (ATMs) make more informed decisions, and collaborate to close incident cases more quickly.
The Unified Solutions Bundle combines several easy-to-install, enterprise-class Genetec products, at an affordable price for financial institutions.
Reducing operator overload
"Traditionally, financial institutions with small or mid-sized branch locations and ATMs worked with multiple physical security technology and analytics suppliers to combine solutions that were not designed to work together. This created inefficiency and introduced cyber security vulnerabilities, challenging maintenance, and operational situations which increased costs."
A unified system can improve overall branch security by giving personnel all the information they need
"Our Unified Solutions Bundle solves that problem by bringing security, operations and business intelligence together into one single interface, reducing operator overload and improving efficiency. With Genetec Security Centre at the core of this bundle, banking customers can be confident knowing that their solutions are deployed following cyber security best practices," explained Rob Borsch, Commercial & Practice Lead at Genetec.
Embedded analytics tools
With this new bundle, and the Genetec Security Center unified platform at its core, financial institutions will be able to make the most of their existing security infrastructure to develop strategies to attract and retain customers, reduce fraud losses, and close cases quickly. By using embedded analytics tools to analyse the vast amounts of data and video already being collected, they can make better-informed decisions about staffing and how to manage the flow of people.
This can help them become more competitive and have a significant positive impact on their customers' journey. A unified system can also improve overall branch security by giving personnel all the information they need, including alarms and associated video footage, on mobile devices or at their central operations centre so they are ready to respond quickly.
Video management system
In an emergency, an IP based physical security system that includes a map-based interface showing a location's cameras, doors, and other devices, can make all the difference. The Genetec Unified Bundle features a Streamvault turnkey appliance, pre-loaded with the Genetec Security Centre unified platform, and other software including:
- Omnicast – An IP-based video management system that goes beyond simple monitoring. Combined with video analytics, it helps the user secure and better understand their banking environment with real-time access to surveillance video from any computer or smart phone.
- Synergis – IP-based access control to manage the movement of people throughout buildings, while securing doors and restricted areas in bank branches and administrative offices.
- AutoVu – An automatic license plate recognition solution that facilitates vehicle identification. This can assist the bank’s marketing and operations team to link specific vehicles to customer or employee profiles in their database or identify unknown vehicles in the parking area.
- Camera Integrity Monitor – The module that alerts customers when a camera is either moved (pointed in a different direction), covered, or tampered with.
- Retail Sense – Advanced consumer intelligence to empower banks by using existing security data to deliver insights and help transform customers' in-branch experience. These new insights enable the users to make informed, real-time decisions, that increase consumer engagement and profitability by analysing the data the system already gathers.
Digital evidence management system
A free 90-day license of the Genetec Clearance digital evidence management system to speed up investigations by securely collecting, managing, and sharing digital evidence from various sources with others.
Optional add-ons include:
- ATM Transaction integration (to correlate ATM activity with video footage)
- Intrusion alarm panel integration plug-in (efficiently respond to intrusion breeches)
- Sipelia Intercom hardware & licences (SIP-based communications between operators and intercom devices)
- Federation connection licence (Connect different sites together)
- Extended 5 -year warranty