ASIS International has announced that Carey Lohrenz, the first female F-14 Tomcat Fighter Pilot in the U.S. Navy and author of Fearless Leadership: High-Performance Lessons from the Flight Deck, will deliver the closing keynote address at its 63rd Annual Seminar and Exhibits (ASIS 2017), which takes place between 25-28 September at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, Texas.
The leading event for security professionals worldwide, ASIS 2017 is expected to draw 22,000 operational and cybersecurity professionals for industry-leading education, peer-to-peer relationship building, and hands-on product and solution evaluation. Attendees with all badge types (All-Access, Expo-Only, Exhibitor and Security Cares) have access to this inspiring session.
Insights on teamwork and leadership
As an aviation pioneer, Lohrenz knows what it takes to succeed in some of the most demanding and extreme environments imaginable, including the cockpit of an F-14 and the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. In these environments, her teams had to perform at their peak or lives were on the line. Through this experience in a male-dominated profession, Lohrenz learned valuable leadership lessons that would follow her into the corporate world.
“Carey has deep expertise in high-pressure, dangerous environments, where risk must be assessed and dealt with through split-second decision making,” said Thomas J. Langer, CPP, president, ASIS International. “Her insights on the fundamentals of leadership, teamwork, winning under pressure, reducing errors, and overcoming obstacles will resonate with security professionals at all stages of their careers. Without question, her inspiring personal story is the perfect way to close out our week of intensive learning.”
Perspectives on security and risk
Lohrenz rounds out the powerful lineup of ASIS 2017 keynote speakers who will provide attendees with a comprehensive perspective on security and risk—from emerging technologies to complex global threats. The full lineup includes:
- Opening keynote: Hon. George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
- Monday luncheon keynote: Mark Cuban, Technology and Media Entrepreneur; Owner, Dallas Mavericks; HD Net/AXS TV Chairman & Cofounder
- Tuesday Keynote: Scott Klososky, International Speaker and Author, Future Point of View
- Wednesday Keynote Panel: Global Responses to Global Threats
- Edward F. Davis, III, Former Police Commissioner, Boston Police Department
- Rick DesLauriers, Former Special Agent in Charge, Boston Division, FBI
- Paul Barnard, Detective Chief Superintendent, City of London Police
- Moderator: Bonnie Michelman, CPP, Executive Director of Police, Security and Outside Services, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Thursday Keynote: Carey Lohrenz, first female F-14 Tomcat pilot and author, Fearless Leadership: High-Performance Lessons from the Flight Deck