Eagle Eye Networks, Inc. has announced the enhancement of the Eagle Eye Video API Platform to support large scale deployments with advanced integration requirements. The Eagle Eye API Platform delivers a robust set of enterprise wide APIs for customers’ use in easily integrating storage, analytics, indexing, and 3rd party interfaces with both live and recorded surveillance video.
The Eagle Eye Video API Platform can be used for integration, analysis, big data research, or the development of completely new applications. The Eagle Eye Video API Platform was launched in 2014, and since that time hundreds of companies have leveraged the Eagle Eye Video API Platform to create custom solutions without additional subscription or license costs. Eagle Eye already supports unrestricted camera counts and locations, and this latest API enhancement expands support to advanced functionality deployments.
“My app was incredibly easy to build, and Eagle Eye does all of the heavy lifting in terms of interfacing to the cameras and securely transmitting video to the cloud,” stated Alain Eav, President of Rovitracker, Inc. “We already gather data from portable equipment and assets, and by enabling cloud video into our offering, our customers gain an additional set of critical data from their remote worksites.”The API provides users access to the Eagle Eye Cloud Security Camera VMS using the same credentials they use for SSO in their organisations.
Accurate video management
The Eagle Eye Video API Platform enhancements include:
- Speed enhancements: The API’s overall speed of requests has been dramatically enhanced. Queries involving thousands of cameras have been improved by 10x.
- Video downloads: The API download functionality includes Eagle Eye’s time-lapse feature so an hour of video downloaded can be reviewed in as quickly 4 minutes. Full video and time lapse video can also be downloaded as a bundle, saving time and operating costs.
- Analytics: Video analytics metrics such as line crossing, object counting, and intrusion detection can be retrieved and downloaded with all cameras. Raw metrics data is also available. This allows users to keep better track of their performance metrics, improve operations, and conduct their own analyses with the data.
- Portable timeline management: Eagle Eye’s timeline view can be embedded into 3rd party applications via the API so users can view specific videos without leaving a 3rd party app, which enhances user experience and eliminates the need to log into multiple apps.
- System performance and network metrics: The API provides graphical representations of data for bridge metrics which can improve operational efficiencies (such as bandwidth used to cloud and individual bandwidth per camera).
- Managed switches: The API can remotely power cycle individual or all ports of Eagle Eye Managed Switches. This capability reduces costs by eliminating the need to send a technician on-site to reset improperly functioning cameras.
- Two-factor authentication: The API supports two-factor-authentication per account as an extra layer of security which reconfirms users’ identities and prevents unauthorised access.
- Security Assertion Markup Language Single Sign On (SAML SSO): The API provides users access to the Eagle Eye Cloud Security Camera VMS using the same credentials they use for SSO in their organisations.
- Permissions: The API supports ‘per user’ permissions that can be granted, recalled, reviewed, or revoked. Systems administrators area able to assign appropriate permissions per location and per camera so the right people have access to the right cameras at the right time.
- Sharing: The API supports rapid camera sharing with authorised users, and first responders.
The Eagle Eye Cloud Security Camera VMS is built on the Eagle Eye Video API Platform, and we are committed to providing open API support.Alert integration to big data analytics
The Eagle Eye Video API Platform supports thousands of camera types, both IP and analogue. The platform uses the Eagle Eye Big Data Video Framework, with time-based data structures for indexing, search, retrieval and analysis of the video. It then offers API access to integrate alerts, user interfaces, applications, and analysis ranging from simple searches to Big Data analytics.
“The enhancement of our video API platform enables developers to create and deliver scalable innovations faster with far fewer resources,” said Dean Drako, CEO and founder of Eagle Eye Networks. “The Eagle Eye Cloud Security Camera VMS is built on the Eagle Eye Video API Platform, and we are committed to providing open API support.”
Intelligent security cameras
With the Eagle Eye Video API Platform, existing security cameras can be transformed into intelligent tools for sales, marketing, business operations improvement and planning, social media, and more. Developers, integrators and businesses can search, modify, tag, play, share, and stream the video in their apps with a few lines of code. They can leverage existing cameras, build new video surveillance systems, create video alerting applications, improve traditional integrations of point-of-sale and access control systems, and much more.
Some examples of what developers, resellers and end users have quickly built with the Eagle Eye Video API Platform include:
- Access control and intrusion platform interfaces
- Enterprise analytics solutions
- Point of sale applications
- Medical facilities integration
- Video alarm monitoring
- Franchise operations management
- Fleet management
- Virtual doorman services
- Environmental sensor applications
- Warehouse and robotics applications