Digital Watchdog, the industry provider of digital recorders, surveillance cameras and related management software, is proud to announce the release of the latest build of DW Spectrum IPVMS. New version 3.0 takes a quantum leap forward in design and operability, delivering the most advanced capabilities while making the user interface (UI) simpler to master than ever.
DW Spectrum v 3.0 has been built on a new platform, making it even more reliable and powerful than all versions that came before. The new platform includes a completely revamped user interface (UI), with a cleaner and simpler user experience, dynamic playback functions including an adjustable video buffer and an embedded browser that makes it possible to use other security management tools within the DW Spectrum UI.
DW Cloud service
DW Spectrum v3.0 introduces a beta version of the new DW Cloud service. This valuable feature allows administrators to login to their servers from anywhere and easily invite and manage system users using only an e-mail address and password. DW Cloud offers a secure and convenient alternative to complex port forwarding and intricate network configurations. Without the need for port forwarding, DW Cloud offers easy and secure access to an unlimited number of networks and configurations from a convenient webpage.
DW Cloud also allows admin users to easily create customised user roles. Admins can still assign and manage hundreds of users through the server interface, but DW Cloud further simplifies the assignment of user permissions and recorder access. Using DW Cloud, administrators can manage hundreds of thousands of users and sites from a secure interface — anywhere, anytime.
“We have always said that DW Spectrum is ‘Built for Users’ and version 3.0 represents a renewed commitment to that pledge,” said Mark Espenschied, Director of Marketing, Digital Watchdog. “Administrators and users will discover new usability and convenience for user management, video management, live monitoring and the instant searching of recorded video.”
- New Desktop Client UI and Framework. Newly revamped desktop client software for Windows, Mac and Ubuntu Linux.
- Custom User Role Management. Administrators can now create custom roles and share layouts and custom groups of users and hardware.
- New Windows Installer. Makes setup of local or cloud-connected systems as easy as possible.
- Upgraded Mapping Function. Users can overlay alarms and cameras on a map embded within the interface, for a more accurate and synchronised monitoring experience.
- New Server Storage Database. Increases performance of server archive management.
- View Archive from Deleted Cameras. Allows users to see archives for deleted cameras that still have footage in a storage archive.
- DW Cloud (Beta). Connect your system to DW Cloud to login and manage your systems from anywhere and share access to your system.
- View Web Pages in the Desktop Client. Users can add, view, and interact with URLs in the Desktop Client.
The DW Spectrum IPVMS updates automatically in systems where previous versions are already installed.