Maxxess executives will be on hand September 30 at ASIS booth number 2921 to demonstrate and discuss ambit
Maxxess, a leading provider of proven software and hardware for a wide range of integrated security systems, announced recently that it will unveil a groundbreaking new communications technology, ambit.
ambit is a patented, leading-edge technology and managed service that dramatically increases the coverage of traditional security systems by extending the enterprise's security reach beyond its physical presence, to wherever its workforce is located.
Maxxess developed ambit over the past four years and in August received a patent (No. 8,812,607) for the messaging system's innovations, including the proprietary format and structure of both outgoing and incoming messages and its Cloud-based message management environment. This technology allows ambit to be used in a number of ways providing enhanced decision-making and operational improvements, for not only the security and risk management teams, but across every level of the enterprise.
ambit's private, authenticated and secure communications, (enterprise to workforce and workforce to enterprise), far-reaching connectivity, adaptability and analysis capability provides a number of benefits, among them:
- Quick group and individual status of the workforce during both routine operations and emergency events, allowing security personnel to make more informed decisions, faster.
- Information is securely received, analysed and archived in the Cloud, preventing enterprise networks and other vital resources from becoming overwhelmed by a large influx of data.
- Intelligent sensors. ambit utilises the most effective sensors in the world: People. ambit users can send messages directly to the enterprise with both structured and unstructured data (such as additional media), to report both routine and unusual occurrences.
- Situational awareness and analysis, in real time, for both the enterprise and employees.
- Geo-location, via metadata unique to each message and every registered device.
- Personalised monitoring and enterprise support at the employee's request.
- Ad hoc data sources, by which key information is forwarded, in real time, from the ambit system to external systems, which in turn permit systems, such as those controlling access points, to take subsequent action.
- Training. Ambit captures essential data during training exercises/safety drills for post-test analysis.
- Forensic analysis. Provides extensive detail data on response activity including who, what, when, where, and why.
"While social messaging has become a part of our everyday lives, professional messaging is still at the beginning of its adoption curve, with the potential for a wide array of operational uses, unlike any security-related communications services currently available," commented Maxxess CEO, Dr. Kevin Daly.
"We believe that ambit, with its structured, secure, managed, customisable and easily actionable format, adds a new dimension to traditional security solution"
"We believe that ambit, with its structured, secure, managed, customisable and easily actionable format, adds a new dimension to traditional security solutions and it provides immeasurable value not only to those who are responsible for the security of the enterprise, but to every employee and department within the enterprise."
ambit is designed around the concept of Structured Messages, an approach that uses pre-defined answers such as yes/no or multiple-choice lists. This allows mobile users to respond to an enterprise-generated query with just two clicks. All messages contain relevant metadata including time, user geo-location (if enabled), and unique ID. Responses are received and analysed in the Cloud, saving time and network resources, allowing security staff to better assess and respond to events, whether routine or unexpected. The system maintains a database of all message traffic, which enables security personnel to utilise ambit for forensic analysis and training.
Additionally, ambit's Cloud-based Message Server seamlessly scales to meet enterprise requirements, with no impact on infrastructure. ambit operates independently from enterprise networks, integrates with other security systems via its Event Relay feature, has broad mobile user compatibility and vast operational flexibility, allowing the system to be customised and used in different ways in virtually every department, from security and risk management, to the C-suite, IT, HR and beyond.
ambit supports multiple mobile user devices in a consistent and natural manner, and works with most carrier networks on an international basis.
Maxxess executives, including CEO Dr. Kevin Daly, Chairman Joel Slutzky and President Nancy Islas, will be on hand Tuesday September 30 at ASIS booth number 2921 to demonstrate and discuss ambit, its multiple uses and patented innovations.