|James Kelly, Chief Executive, BSIA said that selection of winners was quite difficult due to high standard entrants|
The regional winners of the British Security Industry Association's Annual Security Personnel Awards 2011 have been announced.
The awards recognise the excellent work and vital contribution that those working in the security industry are making across the country, and are presented in the following categories: Service to the Customer, Outstanding Act, Best Newcomer, Best Use of Technology and Best Team.
James Kelly, BSIA Chief Executive, comments: "The selection of this year's regional winners was - as usual - very difficult due to the extremely high standards of entrants. The awards celebrate excellence in our industry and rightly bring the spotlight to those working in security and making an outstanding contribution to British business, proving just how essential a role the industry plays in the UK. Our winners were awarded for the brave acts and high quality of customer service that they have demonstrated, which illustrate the professional standards that we expect from security operatives."
Presentations of the BSIA Security Personnel Awards will soon take place across the UK, with the winners going forward to the national judging phase. The national winners will be presented with their awards at the Association's annual lunch on July 13th at the London Hilton on Park Lane.
The BSIA would like to thank Camberford Law plc specialist insurance brokers to the security industry for sponsoring the awards for the thirteenth successive year.
Full list of winners is as follows:
Regional Winners - BSIA Annual Security Personnel Awards 2011
British Security Industry Association is the trade association covering all aspects of the professional security industry in the UK
- Steven Peace - MITIE Security Ltd - Service to the Customer
- Cyril Tatar - Lynx Security Services Ltd - Outstanding Act
- Jurgita Zongailiene - CIS Security Limited - Best Newcomer
- Homes for Islington Team - CIS Security Ltd - Best Use of Technology
- TATE Britain Gallery Team - Wilson James Ltd - Best Team
- Sarah Williams - VSG - Service to the Customer
- Laurence Timmins - VSG - Outstanding Act
- Andrew Poulton - Advance Security (UK) Ltd - Best Newcomer
- Northampton Town Centre Team - Reliance Security Services Ltd - Best Use of Technology
- AVIVA Norwich Team - Reliance Security Services Ltd - Best Team
- Daniel Bennett - VSG - Best Newcomer
- The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Team - OCS Group (UK) Ltd - Best Team
- Lynn Cook - Advance Security (UK) Ltd - Service to the Customer
- Royal Liver Building Team - MITIE Security Ltd - Best Team
- Simon Smith - VSG - Outstanding Act
- Bon Accord St Nicholas Shopping Centre Team - OCS Group (UK) Ltd - Best Team
- Michael Appleton - VSG - Service to the Customer
- Mohammed Shabeer Khan - Reliance Security Services Ltd - Outstanding Act
- Samantha Sadler - Reliance Security Services Ltd - Best Newcomer
- Security Team - VSG - Best Use of Technology
- Gatwick and Heathrow Virgin Security Team - G4S Secure Solutions (UK) Ltd - Best Team
- Graham Wheatley-Perry - G4S Secure Solutions (UK) Ltd - Best Service to the Customer
- Security Officer - Reliance Security Services Ltd - Outstanding Act
- David Junior Doe - Reliance Security Services Ltd - Best Newcomer
- Jeffrey Evans - OCS Group (UK) Ltd - Best Use of Technology
- Royal Navy Contract Team - Corps Security - Best Team