Dahua Technology, a world-leading manufacturer and supplier of video surveillance products headquartered in Hangzhou, China, applied innovative wireless solutions to provide extensive surveillance coverage for the Durrat Al Bahrain luxury artificial island chain.
Durrat Al Bahrain is a luxury artificial island chain in Bahrain, featuring a total of 15 large islands that hold an 18-hole golf course, marina, restaurants and shops, and over 1000 villas in a 21 km2 (13 mi2) area. As the area became more popular and drew increasing numbers of tourists, the resort owner needed a high-security surveillance solution that would cover all main areas, including points of access and the holiday villas.
Dahua and local system integrator, Absolute Electronic Technology cooperated on previously, the company once again called on Dahua to solve this complex surveillance issue for the island chain. Dahua provided a number of weather-resistant HD Network cameras and video transmitters, as well as high-speed, HD DVRs as part of this customised solution.
About Absolute Electronic Technology (AET)
Founded in 2012, AET specialises in vehicle fleet services, vehicle, personal, and asset GPS tracking, as well as CCTV solutions for a wide range of industries in Bahrain. AET has 20 years of experience installing and integrating CCTV solutions.
An important condition while implementing this solution was that since Durrat Al Bahrain is an island chain, traditional wired or simple wireless transmission methods would not suffice to support live video feeds over the large remote area. Instead, an innovative solution was required in order to ensure reliable long-range wireless video transmission throughout the area.
With numerous five-star hotels, a golf course, 12 bridges, and a marina, along with complex land and villa configurations on the crescent-shaped man-made islands, camera setups needed to be versatile, covering a large field of view to guarantee the safety of island tourists and workers while being discreet so as to preserve the luxurious nature of the island’s design. Cameras not only needed to support wireless transmission, but also withstand various outdoor conditions such as rain, storms, and relatively hot summer temperatures.
In order to supply high-quality, wireless video feeds over the entire resort, Dahua employed a comprehensive solution entailing the use of 5.2GHz WLAN AP wireless HD camera products and the versatile, long-range 5.8GHz Wireless Video Transmission Device (PFM881). High-speed preview and playback digital video recorders (DVR) were also integrated into this solution, allowing workers to view live video feeds in up to 4K resolution, while supporting the recording of video onto high-capacity HDDs.
Multiple 5.8GHz Wireless Video Transmission Devices (PFM880/881) were installed, ensuring full live HD video transmission. The 3-5km range of the video transmission device ensures that live HD video feeds from the HD Network Cameras can be sent throughout the islands, thus cutting down on network infrastructure costs while resolving the issue of high-security coverage in remote areas. Other enhanced features this product offers include:
- Durable design can withstand outdoor temperatures of -30? to 70?
- Wireless transmission range of up to 5km
- Up to 300Mbps transmission speeds
- Support for anti-lightning interference to radio frequencies of up to 15KV ESD
- Auto reboot support
- 5GHz mode supports frequencies from 4920 – 6100MHz
- 802.1x authentication support, guaranteeing device access security
- Multi-channel (5M/10M/20M/40M) support, reducing interference and improving signal penetration capabilities
|The main camera used in this project was the 2MP Full HD network IR bullet camera - IPC-HFW2220R-Z|
The main camera used in this project was the 2MP Full HD Network IR Bullet Camera (IPC-HFW2220R-Z). Its enhanced wireless transmission abilities and high-quality image ensure complete coverage. In order to protect against versatile weather conditions, namely rain and seawater, Dahua enclosed the connections for each HD network camera in its Waterproof Junction Box (PFA135). Key features of the 2MP Full HD Network IR Bullet Camera include:
- F1.4 aperture and infrared sensors with 30m range for optimal low-light / night recording
- 25/30fps@1080P for high-quality video
- Micro SD Card slot with support for up to 128GB of expandable memory
- 30 – 98 degree angle of view
Multiple 2MP Full HD Network Vandal-Proof IR Wedge Dome Cameras (IPC-HDBW4220F) were also installed, which feature:
- H.264&MJPEG triple-stream encoding, which saves disk space while ensuring quality
- 25/30fps@1080P for high-quality video
- IR sensors with max range of 20m
- Supports multiple user monitoring
- Support for tripwire, intrusion, scene change, and face detection Smart Detection methods
- IK10 vandal resistance rating
32 Channel Super 4K Network Video Recorders (NVR608-32-4K) were installed to collect the various HD video feeds sent wirelessly from transmitters. Along with being able to record and playback 4K video, the recorders also feature:
- Up to 32 channel IP camera input
- Up to 384Mbps incoming bandwidth
- H.264H/H.264/MJPEG compression
- 8 SATA III ports, with support for up to 48TB of HDD storage
- VGA/HDMI display output support
Other essential products include:
- 16/32CH 1U 16PoE Network Video Recorder (NVR4216/32-16P)
- 4/8/16CH Tribird 720P-Lite Compact 1U HDCVI DVR (HCVR4108HS-S2)
- Network Speed Dome (SD63230S-HN)
- Network Mini PTZ Dome (SD29204S-GN)
- 8-Port PoE Switch (PFS3110-8P-96)
- 1.3 Megapixel HD Ultra-smart Network Pinhole Camera (IPC-HUM8101)
- 2Megapixel 1080P Vandal-proof IR HDCVI Mini Dome Camera, 1200 Series (HAC-HDBW1200E)
- DC Power Supply (PFM321)
- Pole Mount Bracket (PFA150)
"With Dahua's advanced wireless
The wireless network infrastructure used in this solution significantly improved the efficiency in placing surveillance around the islands. HD Network cameras guarantee top-level security due to high quality recording and advanced wireless live video transmission and playback. Project manager Ian Bessly gave his feedback on the results of this project, stating:
“Thanks to Dahua advanced wireless transmission solution and all kinds of HD dome and fixed camera, which completely solve the challenge of network infrastructure shortage and meet the requirement from our customer. It's also a great experience working with Dahua staff. Hope we will have more profound cooperation in the future.”- Ian Bessley, Project Manager, Absolute Electronic Technology
Dahua sales manager, Tom Wu commented on the results of the project:
“It's been a long time since we last cooperated with Absolute Electronic Technology, and we appreciate having this opportunity to be their partner in this project. With Dahua's advanced wireless transmission technology and unparalleled image quality, we have succeeded in bringing a full HD, full coverage surveillance system to our client.”-Tom Wu, Sales Manager, Dahua Technology
As a result of this wireless solution, multiple types of cameras cover the island chain, which send feeds through long-range wireless transmitters to multiple HD DVR recorders. Because the recorders are more centralised and less devices and components are required in a wireless setup, the entire system was able to be implemented at a lower cost than other traditional configurations. Durrat Al Bahrain is now much more secure and vacationing tourists are safer.