Qognify, the provider of big data solutions for physical security and operations, announces that it has expanded the integration of Bosch network video security cameras and Qognify’s Situator and VisionHub, providing customers unique advanced technology and business benefits. This best-of-breed solution creates centralised management for the entire platform with direct integration of Bosch cameras to Situator (Situation Management / PSIM) and VisionHub (Video Management System).
Benefits of integration
The integration enhances security management and operational benefits by leveraging situation management, video, and visualisation capabilities:
- Centralised control and management through Situator– direct integration between Bosch’s network video security cameras and Situator. The integration enables PTZ and PTZ-like control for moving and fixed cameras, automatic triggering of processes when predefined incidents occur based on pre-defined alarm rules using camera built-in video analytics, playback via local camera storage and camera tampering detection.
- Advanced video management capabilities via Qognify VisionHub, including:
- Dewarping – the advanced integration of Bosch’s FLEXIDOME IP panoramic 7000 camera and Qognify’s VMS, eliminates the fish eye lens distortion, enabling 360° of view, without blind spots, with an undistorted overview image. Additionally, the PTZ-like control of the video, lets customers digitally pan-tilt-zoom to focus on details without losing the bigger picture. This advance support of dewarping means empowering the benefit from wide coverage using a single device, while having a "normal" view of an otherwise distorted or reversed image. Qognify records the original camera stream and de-warps the video for viewing purposes, enabling each operator a unique view.
Qognify records the original camera stream and de-warps the video for viewing purposes, enabling each operator a unique view
- Reduced storage and network bandwidth with VisionHub – Bosch Intelligent Dynamic Noise Reduction, a feature that optimises storage capacity and reduces network strain by using bandwidth only when needed. By intelligently distinguishing between noise and relevant information Intelligent Dynamic Noise Reduction reduces the camera’s bitrate by up to 50% substantially contributing to a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Network optimisation – overcoming network overload during working hours by automated, scheduled transfer from the camera onboard storage to the centre.
- Zero-loss-of-data – automatic filling of missing recording data on the SVR by restoring missing video from the camera onboard storage.
- Video Analytics at the Edge – Qognify’s VisionHub integrates with Bosch’s Essential Video Analytics or Intelligent Video Analytics which runs on the camera. This enables delivering of video analytics alarms based on pre-definable alarm rules from the camera to VisionHub and Situator. In addition, the integration supports the Qognify video analytics suite running centrally on the recorder, combining Bosch built-in (edge) video analytics with Qognify’s server-based video analytics, offering customers maximum flexibility when designing a video analytics solution.
Complete field-proven solution
“When mission-critical solutions are involved, it is essential that stringent quality checks are taken. Qognify’s solutions were tested to excel in multiple integrations” said Rudolf Spielberger, Head of the Integration Partner Program at Bosch Security Systems. “Our strategic cooperation with Qognify is substantially enhancing the levels of security and delivering clear and quantifiable business advantages to our customers.”
The certified integration is already in use at customers’ sites. “We are committed to advancing integration with leading technology partners and are proud of our integration with Bosch to yield a complete, tested and field-proven solution,” said Eran Noam, VP Global Strategic Partnerships of Qognify. “It’s important that organisations have confidence in integrations so they can leverage the broad range of excellent, integrated products in today’s security marketplace”.