Allied Universal®, a security and facility services company in North America, and SOS Security®, a renowned provider of global security services, announces that a definitive agreement has been executed with respect to a transformational merger that creates a security leader in North America and beyond.
“I am thrilled to welcome Edward Silverman - one of the most highly regarded leaders of the security industry - and the SOS Security team to the Allied Universal family,” said Steve Jones, CEO of Allied Universal.
Providing new security solutions
SOS Security brings a complementary and scalable approach to security services to Allied Universal
“Like Allied Universal, SOS Security has built a renowned and respected brand of security services. Now, working together, we will be able to combine the best of both brands to elevate security services, the breadth and reach of capabilities and opportunity to provide new security solutions.”
Founded in 1969, SOS Security brings a complementary and scalable approach to security services to Allied Universal. With offices in five countries, SOS Security's 15,000 employees work around the world providing safety, security, executive protection, intelligence, consultancy and advisory services, including more than 2,000 assignments last year in over 100 countries through its subsidiary, AS Solution. The company has among the highest retention rates in the industry with respect to customers and security personnel.
Comprehensive and integrated technology solutions
The joining of Allied Universal and SOS Security establishes the company as a truly differentiated service provider in the global security industry with:
- A combined force of over 230,000 security professionals;
- Combined best practices to elevate security service delivery and industry norms;
- SOS Security’s unique capabilities in international markets and intelligence analysis;
- Allied Universal’s highly advanced, comprehensive and integrated technology solutions;
- Expertise in risk management specialising in security consulting, investigations, personal protection and threat, disaster and emergency response;
- High-level crowd management, event staffing and consulting providing a one-stop solution for event and site security.
Delivering personalised services
Following the merger, Silverman, the CEO and Founder of SOS Security, will serve as Co-Chairman of the Executive Committee and an Advisor to the Board of Directors, bringing his vision of scalable boutique security service to Allied Universal.
“Delivering personalised services, whether operating under a billion or at $10 billion, has always been my mission,” said Silverman. “As part of Allied Universal, and with shared values and purpose, we have a remarkable opportunity to bring specialised security services that reflect client priorities and attract the best resources and strategic partners to the industry.”