Allied Universal, a facility services company and the largest security force in North America, announces that Caress Kennedy, President, Northeast Region, has received the City & State New York's Above & Beyond Award for Outstanding Women in Business.
"Caress is an exemplary leader who guides her team with intelligence, insight and a commitment to excellence," says Ron Rabena, Chief Administrative Officer, East, Allied Universal. "We are proud of her recognition as one of New York's most powerful women."
Kennedy recently accepted the award at City & State's Sixth Annual Gala, which honoured the 25 most powerful women who have demonstrated exemplary leadership in their fields, combined with having made significant contributions to society. As president, she oversees more than 26,000 employees throughout the Northeast. Significant achievements are:
- Instituted best practices and process improvements throughout the organisation to improve productivity and reduce costs.
- Developed client value-added programs such as the Sandy Emergency Response program and Special Consortium for School Superintendents after the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy.
- Selected as one of The Responsible 100 by City & State, representing New York's 100 most corporate citizens in 2015.
- Achieved her Certified Protection Professional (CPP) ASIS board-certified security management designation.
- Serves as member of: NYPD Law Enforcement Explorers Board; NYC Workforce Development Board; and Citizens Crime Commission of New York City Board, to name a few.
Over the course of her career, Kennedy has held many executive senior-level positions at major corporations in the New York area. She received her MBA in Management from Pace University and BA in Communications Arts from Fordham University. On accepting the award, Kennedy says, "It's an honour to be recognised for helping others."