HID Global launches Edge Solo Version 1.2.0
Edge is a true IP solution that meets the demands of open architecture, IP-centric environments, Edge provides fully distributed intelligence and decision making right to the door, leveraging the IT infrastructure to the maximum extent possible.
These IP-based single-door access control processors and host interface devices provide a high level of flexibility for connecting HID reader technology directly into standard IT network infrastructure. Edge Solo Readers feature an open architecture API with fully distributed decision making capabilities, CAT-5 interface cabling with Power Over Ethernet (PoE) and fully encrypted bi-directional communication.
EdgeSolo v.1.2 is the next phase of the original Edge Solo product development effort which provides access control functionality and provisioning usually found in larger much more expensive solutions and not found in any other stand-alone solution.
The latest version of Edge Solo adds several new features to the product, including:
- Two additional languages are supported - Turkish and Dutch.
- Clock-and-Data Readers are now supported.
- PIN credentials and HID keypad readers are now supported.
- Added "PIN suppression schedule" feature to relax PIN requirements.
- A credential batch entry method has been created, allowing the operator to quickly add a range of consecutively numbered credentials.
- Configurable Alerts to drive relays or send HTTP messages triggered by IO events are now available.
- Special Days (holidays) have been made globally available among different schedules, and a holiday management data entry page has been added.
- A "First Person" or "Snow day" schedule option has been added.
- A separate "user" password has been added. An "Installer lockout" option removes some setup privileges for "user" relative to the "admin" logon.
To download the firmware upgrades for Edge Solo 1.2.0, click on the link below:
Edge Solo new download.
Please find below the links to the product datasheets for more information
EdgeReader Solo ESRP40 Datasheet
EdgeReader Solo ESR40 Datasheet
EdgePlus Solo ES400 Datasheet
Note that supported languages are now divided between two release packages:
Upgrade Package #1 includes English, Dutch, Turkish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian and Spanish (International).
Upgrade Package #2 includes English, Chinese (Simplified), Hindi, Japanese and Korean.
|Model code||EdgeReader Solo ESR40|
|Reader Type||Smart Card|
|Standalone/ Networkable||Standalone / Networkable|
|LED / Beep||LED / Beep|
Voltage: 12 ~ 16 V DC
Power Consumption: 600 mA
Dimensions mm: 83.8 x 121.9 x 57.9
Weight g: 400
Operating Temp oC: 0 ~ 50
Operating Humidity %: 5 ~ 95
The EdgeReader Solo ESR40 is a cost-effective, stand-alone, single-door IP access control solution. This easy-to-use solution enables remote management and report generation via standard web browser. User information, administration, door configuration and retrieval of events are done through a user-friendly, instructional web environment. Providing "Intelligence to the Door", the flexible EdgeReader Solo ESR40 includes an integrated iCLASS reader.
|Download PDF version|
More HID Access control readers
You might be interested in these products
The role of IT in physical access controlDownload
Convergence of physical and logical accessDownload
Is your access control system as secure as you think?Download