HID Global expands FlexSmart® Series
HID Global, a leading manufacturer in the access control industry, today announced the addition of several products to its FlexSmart® Series of MIFARE® and DESFire® contactless smart card readers and credentials. Expanding on the existing family, the new offerings include heavy-duty keypad readers for high traffic use, and diverse, application-enabling credentials in various multi-technology form factors.
The interoperable, ISO 14443A-compliant family of contactless smart card products provides customers a totally flexible platform - from the simplicity and security of HID Format MIFARE readers to completely customizable (keys and format) secure MIFARE and DESFire reader solutions. The addition to this new, open architecture reader line augments HID's market leading, flexible, open iCLASS® product line, clearly asserting the company's commitment to support 13.56 MHz technologies. Taken together, the company's offerings comprise the Industry's broadest range of open standard contactless smart card products, available from over 40,000 resellers worldwide.
The flexible, highly secure and stylish contactless smart card keypad reader models now available include the FlexSmart MIFARE HID Format Secure Keypad Reader (Model Number: 6071), FlexSmart MIFARE Custom Keypad Reader (Model Number: 6072) and FlexSmart DESFire Custom Keypad Reader (Model Number: 6073).
FlexSmart Keypad Readers:
- Two-Factor, Highly Secure Access Control Readers - Ideal for access control system users with MIFARE or DESFire contactless smart card credentials.
- Multiple Models for Custom Configurations - Feature open architecture format control and key management support for HID MIFARE, standard and custom MIFARE, and custom DESFire credentials.
- Lifetime Warranty - Unlike typical membrane keypads, HID's heavy duty keypad design ensures reliable operation over millions of PIN entries.
Complementing the FlexSmart Reader family, HID Global provides a wide variety of 13.56 MHz credentials including cards, tags and keyfobs. Some credentials also include combination technology, used in upgrading end-users from 125 kHz proximity to the benefits of MIFARE/DESFire smart card technology. These multiple technology credentials are ideal for companies preparing to transition from proximity technology to the additional speed and applications of 13.56 MHz smart card solutions.
- Programming Flexibility - Both MIFARE and DESFIRE cards, keyfobs, and tags are programmable with existing formats, which allows for seamless integration into legacy installations. Cards are also programmable with custom formats and security keys.
- Combination Cards - MIFARE and DESFIRE credentials are available with HID or Indala Prox for easy site migration.
- Multiple Form Factors - Available in ISO credit card thin card, keyfob and adhesive tag styles for any application.
- Custom Graphics and Anti-Counterfeiting Card Options - Provide an additional level of security.
HID's release of this new, highly secure contactless smart card series adds to the superior range of 13.56 MHz solutions from "The Trusted Advisor". The entire FlexSmart line includes HID's standard lifetime warranty.
|Reader Type||Smart Card|
|Read Range mm||50.8|
|LED / Beep||LED / Beep|
Voltage: 9 ~ 16 V DC
Power Consumption: 75 mA
Dimensions mm: 109 x 38 x 18
Weight g: 113
Operating Temp oC: -25 ~ +55
Operating Humidity %: 0 ~ 95
The FlexSmart MIFARE HID Format Secure Reader provides the ideal solution for customers that are seeking MIFARE technology for new installations or for existing HID applications. Whether you require HID Sector formats or CSN (card serial number) read capability, the reader is preconfigured for ease of installation. The reader is compatible with HID's 6055B MIFARE reader (read-only) or the 6074A reader (read-only) and can be integrated into an existing system.
|Download PDF version|