HID Global extends options for migrating to high-frequency access-control readers and credentials
HID Global is offering new access-control readers and credentials that provide the industry's most extensive options for migrating from legacy solutions to higher-security 13.56 MHz contactless technologies. HID readers can be used with an extensive array of single- and combination-technology cards including its industry-first dual-high frequency (HF) credential. They extend the Genuine HID™ value proposition by giving customers the industry's largest selection of reader and credential migration solutions.
HID's expanded migration offering includes:
- An iCLASS® reader for migration from MIFARE® Classic to secure 13.56 MHz MIFARE DESFire® EV1 and HID iCLASS contactless technology;
- New multiCLASS® readers for migration from legacy magnetic stripe (magstripe) and 125 kHz proximity card technology to higher-security MHz HID iCLASS contactless technology; and
- The industry's first dual-HF credential, which bridges the gap between legacy solutions and secure iCLASS and MIFARE DESFire EV1 contactless technologies, expanding customer options for deploying the highest levels of security, while maximizing the value of their credential investment by enabling multiple applications on a single card.
- iCLASS high-frequency migration reader: HID's proven and widely deployed iCLASS reader line has now been extended to enable migration from MIFARE Classic technology to secure 13.56 MHz technologies for improved security, performance and data integrity, or to support multiple applications with a single credential that can also be used as a photo-ready identity badge. iCLASS readers are also available in configurations that provide compatibility with a wide scope of card technologies including: Dutch Government Rijkspas; 125 kHz proximity technologies such as HID Prox and IndalaProx; legacy technologies such as Wiegand and magnetic stripe; and other technologies including EM4102 Prox, AWID Prox, US Government FIPS 201, Sony FeliCa Transit, Singapore CEPAS Transit, Magstripe and ISO 14443/15693 card serial numbers.
- multiCLASS migration readers: The RM40 and RMP40 are new, non-keypad versions of the company's RMK40 and RMPK40 readers for Magstripe-to-iCLASS and Magstripe- and Prox-to-iCLASS migration, respectively, which were introduced earlier this year. They provide customers with the most cost-effective solution for seamlessly upgrading from legacy reader technology to contactless smart card capabilities. The readers support ANSI/ISO 7811 magstripe data conversion or pass-through configuration in combination with HID Prox and popular 13.56 MHz contactless access control technologies including iCLASS credentials.
- Dual-HF credentials: HID's iCLASS/MIFARE Classic, iCLASS/MIFARE DESFire EV1, and MIFARE Classic/MIFARE DESFire EV1 credentials make it easy to move from legacy solutions to secure contactless technologies over time, across multiple facilities, or within subsets of a larger cardholder base. The dual-HF credentials use advanced radio frequency (RF) engineering to combine iCLASS with MIFARE or MIFARE DESFire EV1 technologies, or to combine MIFARE Classic with MIFARE DESFire EV1 technology. The technologies are embeddable with a contact chip, and can also optionally be combined with HID Prox technology. They enable users to combine access control on a single credential with other applications including secure network, print authentication, time and attendance, digital cash and vending, transit passes, and equipment and material check-out.
|Mount Type||Surface mount|
|Read Range mm||25 ~ 110 mm read range|
|LED / Beep||LED / Beep|
|Colour||Black or Grey|
Voltage: 5 ~ 16 V DC
Power Consumption: 100 mA
Dimensions mm: 85 x 123 x 27
Weight g: 258
Operating Temp oC: -40 ~ +65
Operating Humidity %: 5 ~ 95
The multiCLASS™ family of card readers are designed for customers upgrading their current card system from the most popular proximity technologies to iCLASS® credentials. With the RP40 and RPK40 readers, the customer has the ability to transition to smart cards over time while incorporating the use of multiple card technologies within a single building or across multiple facilities.
|Download PDF version Download PDF version|
More HID Access control readers
HID Global products
HID Global news
The idea of touchless systems has gained new levels of prominence during the last year, driven by the global COVID-19 pandemic. Contactless systems have been part of the industry’s toolbox for decades, while technologies like facial and iris recognition are finding new uses every day. We asked this week’s Expert Panel Roundtable: Which security markets are embracing touchless, contactless systems and why?
HID Global, a globally renowned company in trusted identity solutions, has announced two new additions to its broad family of RFID asset-tracking tags. The HID SlimFlex Ultra technical label is optimised for the strongest durability compared to other labels, and the HID Seal Tag edTamper Aura is designed to securely track and trace highly sensitive materials and digitally detects unauthorised access to sealed containers like boxes or crates. “We continue to solve customer challenges acros...
Users of secure credential technologies increasingly want more choices so they can meet the specific needs of a growing variety of applications. Continuing its commitment to providing these options, HID Global, the provider of trusted identity solutions, announces the most feature-rich implementation of the latest MIFARE DESFire EV3 credential. Identifying data protection “Our credential based on NXP MIFARE DESFire EV3 delivers this technology’s full range of advanced security and...
HID Global case studies
HID Global, a pioneer in trusted identity solutions announced that the Arcos Bosques Torre 1 (Tower 1) has deployed its access control solutions to heighten security and better manage visitor entry. Located in the Bosques de las Lomas neighborhood of Mexico City, the center is comprised of six buildings. The complex includes two skyscrapers and is home to high-profile law firms, industrial, mining, media, and technology companies, and one of the city’s most recognised shopping cente...
HID Global, a pioneer in trusted identity solutions, announces that maritime company Attica Group has selected its HID® FARGO® DTC4500e High Capacity Card Printer & Encoder to optimise its loyalty programme kiosks. The solution improves the user experience by instantly personalising high-quality full-colour membership cards and supports the continuous issuance needs of the loyalty programme. Attica Group is engaged in passenger shipping through SUPERFAST FERRIES, BLUE STAR FERRIES,...
HID Global, a globally renowned company in trusted identity solutions, has announced that maritime company, Attica Group has selected its HID FARGO DTC4500e high capacity card printer & encoder to optimise its loyalty programme. The solution improves the user experience by instantly personalising high-quality, full-colour membership cards and supports the continuous issuance needs of the loyalty programme. Seasmiles loyalty scheme Attica Group is engaged in passenger shipping through SUPE...
HID Global white papers
HID Global virtual events
Haverhill Business Park, Phoenix Road, Haverhill, Suffolk, CB9 7AE, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 (0)1440 714 850