HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, recently announced the availability of its latest Direct-to-Card (DTC®) FARGO® DTC5500LMX ID Card Printer/Encoder designed to meet the high-volume, card issuance demands of large government agencies, universities, healthcare facilities and other large enterprises. The company also announced its new FARGO HDP5600 ID Card Printer/Encoder that builds upon its award-winning high definition printing (HDP®) solutions for retail stores, recreation facilities, governments and other organisations focused on brand image and/or visual security.
HID Global’s eco-friendly DTC5500LMX ID card personalisation solution includes the company’s “wasteless” lamination technology that significantly lowers card issuance costs. The new feature enables cost-conscious organizations to routinely issue secure, durable cards in high volumes without sacrificing quality.
DTC5500LMX eco-friendly and efficient features:
- Innovative wasteless lamination technology completely eliminates traditional carrier-film waste, offering a 40 percent savings in consumables costs.
- World’s first Green Circle® certified wasteless lamination printer with 60 percent savings in energy consumption.
- New iONTM technology allows printer / laminator to heat up and initiate lamination in just 45 seconds, saving users up to 80 percent of the time typically needed to print the first card.
- Rugged, durable and robust construction that withstands the harshest environments, providing the highest card protection and warranty in the industry.
- See more details in the new Model of Efficiency infographic.
The new FARGO HDP5600 ID Card Printer/Encoder delivers the highest quality for image and text printing available in the market. With its new 600 dpi printing capabilities, the HDP5600 doubles the resolution of its HDP5000 predecessor for crisply defined barcodes and accurately reproduces small text including complex characters, such as Kanji, Arabic and Cyrillic.
HID Global’s DTC5500LMX and HDP5600 ID card printer/encoders are available immediately.
Live demonstrations at ISC West 2016 (April 6-8, 2016)
Visit HID Global at booth #11063 at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas for live demonstrations of the company’s latest ID card issuance solutions, along with its broad portfolio of solutions for creating, managing and using secure identities.