|HID and ASSA ABLOY will demonstrate its technologies, products, solutions in Stand C50 in Hall 4|
HID Global and its parent company ASSA ABLOY, trusted leaders in solutions for the delivery of secure identity and door opening solutions will jointly showcase their world-class products and solutions for migrating to higher security physical access control at the IFSEC International exhibition Birmingham, UK from 14 - 17 May.
The two companies continue their commitment to technological innovation with the broadest range of integrated electronic access control solutions in the industry. In addition to highlighting HID’s award-winning iCLASS SE access control platform for mobile access and seamlessly increasing system security, they will also showcase their Near Field Communications (NFC) mobile access ecosystem for turning mobile phones and other devices into secure ID cards for accessing doors.
“Technology is the key to higher security and by working together, ASSA ABLOY and HID Global can provide unrivalled electronic access control solutions for projects around the world,” said Harm Radstaak, managing director, EMEA with HID Global.
“With our cutting-edge innovations we can deliver powerful, integrated solutions from mobile-based access control systems to solutions for system expansion, remote management and credential personalisation.”
“In addition to heightened security, HID Global’s Secure Identity Object (SIO) technology offers the two distinct benefits of providing technology and device independency,” said Dr. Selva Selvaratnam, senior vice president and chief technology officer with HID Global.
“Our iCLASS SE platform is based on HID’s SIO technology that enables customers to increase security by simply deploying our latest readers for use with wide variety of existing and new card technologies. The platform also allows customers to take full advantage of using their NFC smartphones for mobile access as well.”
Chris Bone, Vice President Access Control EMEA of ASSA ABLOY added:
“With both companies’ recent technological advances, IFSEC 2012 is the ideal time for ASSA ABLOY and HID Global to join forces to showcase our combined offerings that meet our customers evolving needs.”
“We will be on-hand to meet channel partners, end users, OEMs, systems integrators and security and IT managers to discuss the secure identity challenges they’re faced with at work and how our future proofed products can help them."
HID Global and ASSA ABLOY will demonstrate its extensive suite of technologies, products, solutions and services in Stand C50 in Hall 4 at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham. Key demonstrations include:
ASSA ABLOY’s demonstrations:
- Aperio wireless lock technology: Aperio wirelessly integrates mechanical locks into new and existing access control systems for easy and cost-effective system expansion, making it the most widely available wireless solution for integrating additional doors via online and offline devices, suitable for integration with HID technologies and controllers. Aperio supports high and low frequency RFID technologies from HID including iCLASS and HID PROX as well as NFC, MIFARE and DESFire. The online devices are compatible with HID’s new VertX EVO networked access controller.
- Highly Intelligent Opening (Hi-O) Technology: Connects electronic door components to exchange encrypted information about the door status, like openings and much more. Where IT and security personnel jointly manage site security, this future proof technology can also be used in conjunction with HID’s new range of EDGE EVO Hi-O controllers and readers for host-based systems.
- CLIQ Remote: The award-winning technology combines mechatronics with web-based software to allow remote management of disparate or large electronic master-keyed sites at any time, from anywhere in the world.
- WatchLock: This intelligent integration of security combines a high security padlock with an electronic alarm system and enables real-time alert and tracking from anywhere to anywhere.
HID Global’s demonstrations:
- iCLASS SE Mobile Access Solutions: Demonstrations of HID’s iCLASS -Enabled (SE) platform that enables the use of digital credentials on near field communications (NFC) capable smartphones while delivering increased functionality and unprecedented levels of security. The platform includes next generation readers, digital credentials and smart cards. iCLASS SE has been successfully piloted at Arizona State University in the United States.
- Next-generation Network Access Control Solutions: HID will preview its next generation EDGE EVO and VertX EVO controller platform for IP access control solutions. The open and scalable platform provides the most extensive access device system with enhanced security features, superior performance and future upgrade options. It includes a Developer Tool Kit equipped with OPIN API for both migration from EDGE and VertX controller technology and new development using the latest platform.
- FARGO Card Personalisation Solutions: most comprehensive range of printer/encoders for custom card personalisation, from creating high-quality colour photo IDs to encoding smart cards. Solutions include Direct-to-Card (DTC) and High Definition Printing™ (HDP) printer/encoders, along with a complete line of visual security products and accessories. Printers demonstrated during the show include: FARGO HDP5000 and DTC4500.
- ActivID Credential Management System Appliance: Looking to future technology for PC security, HID will demonstrate its latest identity assurance solutions, including its ‘One Card’ solution for converged access and the convenient, ‘out of the box’ ActivIdentity ActivID Credential Management solution.