FLIR Systems, Inc. recently announced the availability of FLIR® FX, a compact, versatile Wi-Fi-enabled HD camera that integrates unique cloud-based analytics and flexible application-specific mounts. FLIR FX optional accessory mounts facilitate use in an array of applications including in-home monitoring, outdoor security, sports activity, vehicle dash-camera recording, and more. Users have the ability to stream live HD video to a smartphone or tablet with or without an internet connection, record video to a removable Micro-SD card, review events that are recorded utilising motion detection algorithms, communicate with two-way audio, and quickly review hours of video with FLIR’s Cloud-based RapidRecap™ capability.
See the day in a minute with RapidRecap
The FLIR FX app includes the innovative RapidRecap, function, which uniquely displays multiple time- stamped motion events into a single abbreviated video clip. Based on technology historically used in law enforcement for rapid suspect identification, RapidRecap allows users to simultaneously review a day’s worth of video events in seconds and to quickly pinpoint events of interest. Original recordings of interest can then be easily accessed on both iOS and Android devices.
Optimise alerts with smartzone
FLIR’s SmartZone feature allows users to identify specific areas within the camera’s field of view for movement detection, which in turn triggers an instant alert to a user’s mobile device of choice. This allows users to receive only the most relevant alerts.
Anytime, any place
- The FLIR FX app intelligently detects the accessory mount type in use, whether it be the indoor, outdoor, sport, or vehicle dash mount, and automatically switches the functionality and app configuration for the best results. These patent-pending mounts make FLIR FX a versatile portable wireless camera for every scenario:
- INDOOR STAND: Place on a counter or mount on a wall to capture activity in an entire room using the camera’s a 160° field-of-view. Night vision infrared LEDs on the camera provide up to 33 feet (10 meters) of range in dark environments.
- OUTDOOR HOUSING: The rugged and weatherproof outdoor housing protects FX from the elements and shields it from excess sunlight. Sold both with and without the camera, the outdoor accessory includes additional infrared LEDs to facilitate more powerful night-vision capabilities up to 65 feet (20 meters).
- OPTIONAL SPORT CASE: A protective acrylic camera housing that facilitates body or helmet mounting and makes the camera waterproof at depths up to 65 feet (20 meters).
- OPTIONAL DASH-MOUNT: Facilitates mounting the camera to a dashboard or windshield for recording while driving. A built-in accelerometer senses motion and activates a 30-minute loop recording function. The accelerometer also senses shock from potential impacts and automatically stores a before and after recording.
With a powerful internal battery and direct Wi-Fi connection capability, the FLIR FX can be installed and used anywhere. HD video footage can be easily recorded to an on-board microSD card or to the FLIR Cloud. Additional features include two-way audio, ambient temperature measurement, humidity monitoring, and the ability to manage multiple cameras at once.
“We’re delighted to bring this versatile Wi-Fi camera to the market,” said Andy Teich, President and CEO of FLIR. “The combination of our innovative RapidRecap, SmartZone, and FLIR Cloud features provide users with an unprecedented ability to see, record and review video events, no matter where they are in the world.”