Published on 28 July, 2016
|The free webinar will discuss security threats faced by today’s educational institutions
Oncam, the provider of 360-degree video capture and business intelligence technology, is partnering with Pivot3, a developer of hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, to present a free webinar titled, “Video Surveillance Technology: The Building Blocks for Proactive Campus Safety,” at 1 p.m. EST on Wednesday, 3rd August, 2016.
Agents of change
Educational campuses are agents of change, where the youth of America expand upon their intellectual capabilities to steer the world of research and leadership to new horizons. These open environments are increasingly becoming the targets of evolving physical threats, leaving every tier of the community – from parents to police departments to executive boards – anxious to find a solution.
Efficient risk mitigation
Schools, administrators, first responders and law enforcement agencies need to detect and neutralise potential threats quickly, and gather new forms of intelligence to facilitate more efficient risk mitigation. This can be done through the deployment of security intelligence, video surveillance and Big Data analysis, which offer campus environments a new perspective on actionable security.
In this webinar, speakers will discuss:
- The threats today’s educational institutions face – both in higher education and K-12
- How emerging technologies from the video and IT industries can be leveraged to interpret potential threats
- How video surveillance can help expedite investigations to reduce liability, enhance safety and prevent bullying
- Ways that the collection of the most relevant security data can deter, prevent and investigate threats and improve safety
- Holistic approaches to building a comprehensive security plan