Published on 23 April, 2008
Idesco introduces at IFSEC 2008 the new Idesco Cardea wireless system. Idesco's wireless solutions find new ways to utilise RFID technology in new applications. With our easily scalable solutions our customers can expand existing systems or can create new, smaller scale systems completely wirelessly.
Wireless readers are especially good for installations where there are long distances between readers and controllers, and wherever cabling can't be applied to link them together - e.g. at remotely located gates of logistics centres or harbours. The range of wireless connection can be expanded even further with nodes.
Idesco Cardea wireless system enables easy installations. Currently, you need kilometres of cabling to build an identification system, and it can be extremely difficult to install the cabling, particularly in old buildings. Idesco's new wireless solutions provide easy implementation and remarkable cost savings. A wireless identification system is also very easy to expand and transfer from a place to another, which remarkably increases the potential for use. Access control systems for events or on construction sites are good examples of new application areas for wireless solutions.
In addition to the cost-effective installation, wireless RFID solutions are a user-friendly and safe option. The signal between the readers and the access control system is secured with encryption.
Idesco Cardea System is easily installed and expanded. It consists of the following innovative Idesco products:
- Idesco Cardea readers - Range of multifunctional readers with wireless connectivity and stand alone capability
- Access Touch - Touch screen terminal with integrated computer and RFID reader
- Idesco Cardea Unit - Enables connection of long range RFID readers (e.g. IR 9000 UHF reader) and stand alone functionality
- Idesco Cardea Adapter - Controller unit for connecting and managing both wireless and wired readers; enables connection of readers from other manufacturers to the same system
- Idesco Cardea Client - User interface for managing access rights