Published on 27 September, 2011
|The sessions will give participants additional insight and knowledge from security manufacturers|
The International Association of Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) has agreed to produce a conference program at the ISC Solutions event, Nov. 2-3 at the Jacob Javits Convention Center. The program will enable healthcare security professionals to earn additional credits towards their CHPA accreditation.
The sessions will be held on the mornings of the ISC Solutions event providing ample time for participants to gain additional insight and knowledge from the security manufacturers and service providers on the ISC Solutions show floor.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Gaining Operational Efficiencies through Advanced Technologies: Focuses on learning how to gain efficiency by utilising the correct technologies. Are you optimising the combination of technology and personnel?
- Reducing the Potential for Patient Elopement: This presentation will describe the elopement in healthcare and what it means to the Security Function. It will also provide a working knowledge of healthcare related regulatory requirements, legislation, standards and guidelines aimed at reducing patient elopement while discussing how to develop an elopement prevention and response plan.
- "Integrating and Collaborating Resources in Preventing Violence in the Workplace:" This session will address the value of proactive Workplace Violence Prevention Programs that incorporate an integrated and collaborative approach using multiple intervention strategies to move the proactive prevention approach to reality.
- Counsel for the Crisis: Security, Shootings, and Violence in Health Care: Last year, the Joint Commission warned that violence in health care facilities is increasing and that the uptick in crime may not even capture the true extent of the problem. A Risk Management attorney will provide guidance on how to deal with security issues, the types of claims that can arise from these tragedies, and how to minimise exposure.
- If Disney Ran Your Security Department: This session will provide an understanding of building relationships using customer service techniques - like those used at Disney theme parks - to add value to the hospital and surrounding community.
- Providing Flawless Customer Service in the Healthcare Security Environment: Defining flawless customer service for healthcare security services is the main learning objective for this course by identifying key relationships in the healthcare security environment thus broadening the scope of services to include return-on-investment objectives.
"The IAHSS is pleased to bring the additional educational and training sessions to ISC Solutions," said IAHSS Executive Director Evelyn Meserve. "We believe that earning credits toward the Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) designation signifies a high level of competence and professionalism. It also demonstrates the individual's commitment to excellence and continuing study. Offering these courses at industry gatherings, such as ISC Solutions, provide convenient and additional opportunities for credit and certification renewal."
"With so many hospitals and healthcare facilities in the metropolitan New York area, this partnership offers a productive and effective way for healthcare security professionals to stay on top of their game," said Ed Several, Senior Vice President & General Manager, ISC Events. "This partnership is a valuable addition to our Security Week line-up of events that taken together spotlight the significance of security and public safety in our everyday lives."